AZ Barbeque.com

FAT 50 mods

Discussion started on

TOPS BBQ

Well, I haven’t the slightest idea on what was done.  All I do know is that my friend put a lot of reinforcement along the tongue end.  Looks like an angle iron along the tongue and then another crosswise.  He removed the swivel plate from the jack and slid the remaining part of the jack along the backside of the angle iron (It was raised, because it doesn’t swivel any longer).  He then cut six separate pieces of steel and welded them to the angle iron and jack.

That’s my best explanation, but probably inaccurate. ???  When I talk to him next, I’ll get more info and share it with you.  I was just happy that it works and still looks good.
#16 - April 14, 2008, 10:20:47 am
www.TOPS-BBQ.com
www.myspace.com/TOPSBBQ

FAT 50 Ultra
A whole sleuth of homemade grills and smokers

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting for dirty!

TOPS BBQ

I just had a few more mods done to my FAT 50!

I found the top storage basket was a little cumbersome to fit storage items inside "squarely", so I had it squared off. Also, being that I am short, I had a drop gate added to the top storage basket. It's a lot easier to load and unload items out of the top basket grate now. Last, I changed the serving table from expanded medal to a solid steel table. This keeps the sauce and other drippings off my feet.

Here are the pics:
Basket with the gate open

Inside basket (A lot more roomie)

Basket with gate closed (Latches with locks on both ends)

Front steel serving table
#17 - February 23, 2009, 08:27:55 pm
www.TOPS-BBQ.com
www.myspace.com/TOPSBBQ

FAT 50 Ultra
A whole sleuth of homemade grills and smokers

Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting for dirty!

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Robert, I love the mods.  It's all about learning your unit and what works for you.

I always put foil on my Serving Shelf so I can change it out as needed, but the solid expanded metal is a great idea.

Keep them coming, I love to see what you keep adding.  It inspires me with mine..  ;)
#18 - February 24, 2009, 11:59:24 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Members: