AZ Barbeque.com

Diamond Plate Propane Issues

Discussion started on

mcfrankenboo

Ok, I got to Rio Rancho today and the "Propane Inspectors"  ??? came around and inspected my new Fat 40 and promptly shut me down, :o :o because not only did every joint in the system leak, but the hose runing from the main tank to the burners was an air hose and not an LP line... You all that own one might want get yours inspected
#1 - March 28, 2008, 10:56:58 pm

The Gym 14

Sorry to here that Jim, And thanks for the heads up. Hopefully you can get this worked out but  you just made a decisision easy for us. I thought I liked the flex hose but now I must admit I was wrong if they are leaking. Will now swollow my pride and get it fixed like a buddy of mine said we should do. Good luck to you and your wife this weekend and we will see you in Indio.
#2 - March 28, 2008, 11:13:04 pm
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 12:13:00 am by The Gym 14 »
Ken Hinton

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Jim,

I am sorry to hear that, hopefully you have found a way around it for this event.  I have forwarded this on to Travis and hopefully he will log on here and post a reply.

Good Luck up there.

Mike
#3 - March 29, 2008, 01:32:39 am
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Travis_Creek

Please give me a call at 325-203-0028.  The hose assembly is a buy out for us and if we need to replace it with something different, I would be happy to do so. 

Thanks,
Travis
#4 - March 29, 2008, 03:46:54 pm

mcfrankenboo

The inspectors were able to give tell me a place where I could purchase the correct hose as well as pipe sealer. It was only $6 for the hose, and when I showed it to guy he said the same thing that it was a air hose not a LP hose. Hopefully mine was just a mistake by your supplyer.
#5 - March 31, 2008, 07:18:31 am

The Gym 14

I checked ours also and they say 1/4 " air hose. not that it is a costly replacement but hopefully new ones will have proper lines. We are having propane issues though, think where we are buying it has a lot of water or something in the lines. Anyone else having issues with this please let me know. It is in the gas or lines though, we know it is not the smoker. Only having troubles with the assisted lighting of firebox.
#6 - April 03, 2008, 04:13:49 am
Ken Hinton

VisionQuest220

I'm not a DP owner but I have to ask:  Why would anything other than proper LP hoses have been used in the first place?
#7 - April 03, 2008, 09:40:58 am
http://www.rhythmnque.com
The All-WSM Championship Barbeque Team
2008 & 2009 CBBQA Team of the Year

Travis_Creek

We would never use air hose instead of gas hose.  We buy it from Mcmaster.com.  Part number# 45835K923.   This hose is black, if your hose is red, it is from a local hardware store here.  They sale propane, heaters, stoves, etc.  This hose is red.  Please let me know which one it is, so I can investigate.

Thanks,
Travis
#8 - April 03, 2008, 04:02:25 pm

Travis_Creek

If anyone else has issues with anything on a DP smoker, please call me at 325-203-0028.  If we have any other smokers with hose issues, please measure your hoses and email me at diamondplateproducts@juno.com.  I will ship you new hoses.

Thanks,
Travis
#9 - April 03, 2008, 04:06:21 pm

mcfrankenboo

Thanks Travis. Just to keep me from using it they took my hose, but it was the red one. It was cheap to replace only $6.
#10 - April 03, 2008, 05:35:28 pm

Members: