AZ Barbeque.com

Diamond Plate diffuser plate?

Discussion started on

Bill Bain

I wonder if fabricating a diffuser plate that goes over the two 'snouts' that carry the smoke into the smoke champer will even out the temp. though out the pit so the food that is directly over the 'snouts' don't get so much smoke and heat.  Any thoughts on this or am I being paranoid?
#1 - February 24, 2012, 09:32:58 am
Kilted Pig BBQ
"Real men wear kilts"

BBQCZAR

Bill,on my diamond plate the tempetures over the snouts is about 15 deg cooler than the temps at the front of the pit,which to me isn't a big deal.When I first got my diamond plate the rear  temps were about 30-35deg. cooler than the front so I drilled 2 sets of 1" holes in the snouts,2 at the 10 O'clock position and 2 at the 2 O'clock position that evened it out to about a 15 deg difference from front to rear.Your temps should be cooler over the snouts(near the rear) unless there are holes already drilled into them,that is how I was told,(and it worked for me)to even front and rear temps on the diamond plate smoker.Hope this helps.
#2 - February 24, 2012, 11:18:03 am
www.thebbqbullies.com
www.azvideoelectronics.com

BBQ Bullies competition barbeque team

Bill Bain

I figured that something needed to be done, glad you figured out something that works. 
#3 - February 24, 2012, 11:21:06 am
Kilted Pig BBQ
"Real men wear kilts"

Members: