Sports, Jokes, Movies & More > College Sports

Rich Rod stays put in AZ.

(1/2) > >>

AZWildcat:
Rich Rodriguez turns down offer to coach South Carolina Gamecocks

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/14299797/rich-rodriguez-turns-offer-coach-south-carolina-gamecocks

An SEC gig doesn't come around too often. I'm sure it's good to be wanted. Glad he is staying.

Mike P in Tucson:
To me, there was never any doubt, in spite of Mark asserting he was going every time another HC job opened up on the east coast..

Mark:
Hey, I only pass along the articles that pop up. I got no Cat in the hunt. I woulda thunk he'd be game for the 'cocks. Guess he came up short. ;)

But I'm glad he is staying, if only for the rivalry. Good to have two fiery coaches. Next year it'll be ASU with a new unknown QB and UA with the veteran in Anu S.  On top of it, Graham lost his right hand man of 9 years- Mike Norvell, who is off to coach Memphis.

But for now, it's on to our minor bowl games. woohoo. UA is an 11 pt. favorite against NM while ASU is a 4 pt. underdog vs. WV, despite playing in Phoenix at the D-Backs' home, Chase Field.

Good luck to both AZ teams!

Mike P in Tucson:
Yeah, good luck to both teams after disappointing seasons for both.

Mark, who does ASU even have for a QB next year?  Has anyone other than Berco even taken any snaps this year?

Mark:
Here is who they list:

Bryce Perkins  QB  6-3  215  Fr.  Chandler, Ariz. 
Brady White  QB  6-2  200  Fr.  Newhall, Calif. 
Manny Wilkins  QB  6-3  190  RFr.  Novato, Calif. 

Of the three, I believe Manny Wilkins played a few snaps. On an interesting note, Kyle Allen- the starting QB for Texas A&M, just left that school. Both ASU and UA were interested in him before. He's from Scottsdale and happens to be the son a good friend of my brother. He could walk right into the ASU gig. Interesting to see if he returns home to either AZ school.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/heat-index/2015/12/10/kyle-allen-transfer-texas-m/77123208/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version