AZ Barbeque.com

GCU 'Lopes moving to the WAC

Discussion started on

Mark

Good story in today's paper. It will be interesting to see how Colangelo molds the team for success. I talked with him last week at the Italian-American Sports Hall of Fame banquet and the guy exudes confidence in everything he touches. Getting Majerle as coach is the first step. Hey. If Gonzaga can do it, you never know. I've been on the Zags' campus a couple of times and Spokane lives and dies for that team.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/colleges/articles/20130319jerry-colangelo-backs-gcus-bid-big-time-purple-passion.html#protected
#1 - March 20, 2013, 08:20:58 am
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

Atlas

I love "Thunder Dan" but what does he know about recruiting college talent?  Doesn't matter, it's going to be tough to visit a prospect and his family and explain to them how well you are going to do against D-I talent, and did we mention there will be no post season play for 4 years?  At least they got a first rate facility, makes Wells Fargo Arena look like, well, Wells Fargo Arena.

Go Lopes!
#2 - March 21, 2013, 09:22:12 pm
Attachments:
Fire Magic Charcoal Grill, ECB, NBBD with 20 Lb tuning plate, Pro Q Frontier.

Mark

You're right. It will be a tough few years. although I don't think they'll be getting too many "hmmm..Duke or GCU?" decision makers.
#3 - March 21, 2013, 10:59:26 pm
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

Atlas

No, the school I hear them compared to most is Gonzaga.  The blue chippers that want to play on the west coast will still choose PAC 12 schools, but I think eventually they will be able to compete against the West Coast Conference teams for talent.   So the choice will become Portland or GCU.  Rain......sun.

Jim
#4 - March 22, 2013, 03:48:57 pm
Fire Magic Charcoal Grill, ECB, NBBD with 20 Lb tuning plate, Pro Q Frontier.

Send this topic Print

Members: