AZ Barbeque.com

ASU v UA tomorrow

Discussion started on

AZWildcat

Good luck Sun Devils. UA is killing it right now, undefeated, number one team ranked in the country for over a month. ASU is, well ASU. Sun Devils certainly have a top 5 guard in the country. Wildcats are going to lose sooner or later, they just cannot run the table. I sure hope its not tomorrow night.
#1 - January 15, 2014, 01:09:44 pm
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked
22.5 Kettle to burn burgers and steaks.

Be kind, polite and courteous to everyone you meet, and ALWAYS have a plan to kill them.

smitty250

I think you guys will be alright...GO DEVILS!  >:D
#2 - January 15, 2014, 01:11:54 pm
Loot N' Booty BBQ
2014 American Royal Invitational Chicken Champion
2014 American Royal Open Reserve Grand Champion
2016 Jack Daniels Invitational World Pork Champion
2014, 2015 and 2016 AZ BBQ Team of the Year

Mark

Sendek was interviewed on the radio a couple of days ago. He joked that he was petitioning the PAC-12 to allow him to have 6 players on the court against UA for at least part of the game. ^-^ Jahii Carson hasn't been playing his best the past few games. Hopefully that will change for the biggest challenge of his college career.  >:D
#3 - January 15, 2014, 01:24:06 pm
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

Mike P in Tucson

Well, that was fun.....................for the Wildcats, anyway.  Herb may have been right.  ASU with 6 players on the court may have made a game of it.

I love how Kaleb Tarczewski has improved.  He pretty much dominated inside.
#4 - January 17, 2014, 10:38:19 am
all time series records with asu (as of 12/1/2012)

football: 47-38-1 arizona
basketball: 142-80 arizona
baseball: 237-203-1 arizona

Mark

That was quite a game, although the Fox Sports broadcast blew off the first several minutes so we could watch the Providence-St. Johns double-OT game. Did it air that way in Tucson? Maybe it was because they knew in advance that a kid from Tucson would score the game winner. :D

Pretty amazing for the Wildcats to have six players in double figures. And your center with a difficult to spell name outplayed our center with a difficult to spell name. Tarczewski vs. Bachynski. That's over 14-ft. of Polish sausage. ;)

I predict that UA will go the rest of the schedule undefeated and win the national championship. (Statistically, it probably won't happen, but at least now I can take credit for the jinx.)  >:D
#5 - January 17, 2014, 12:12:34 pm
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

Mike P in Tucson

Mark, if you watched the scrolling at the bottom of the screen, they directed you to Fox Sports 2 to watch the beginning.  So I didn't miss any of it.

At the start of the season it seemed like Oregon and Colorado would be our biggest competition.   But Oregon has really stumbled and Colorado lost Dinwiddie for the season, which will cripple them.  It is now looking like Cal has really stepped up their game.  Monty is working his magic again.  I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them win in Haas arena.

Mark, we actually had 7 players in double figures:
McConnell -- 10
Johnson -- 17
Ashley -- 10
Tarczewski -- 12
York -- 10
Gordon -- 16
Hollis-Jefferson --11

This team is so unselfish it is impossible for an opponent to key on one player.
#6 - January 17, 2014, 01:48:25 pm

Mark

One of my buddies (UA grad) told me he had a special cable package that has Fox Sports 2. I don't, so I missed it. Yeah. I mistyped when I said six. I knew it was seven because a Phx sportswriter made a big deal about it in her column today. Really impressive.

How many of today's UA starters do you think will go in the NBA draft this year? I know that Jahii will be going from ASU and Bachynski is a senior so he will go in later rounds.
#7 - January 17, 2014, 04:39:23 pm
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

Mike P in Tucson

Hard to say who will go.  Here is who I think may.

Gordon -- when he came in, he was already projected as a lottery pick.

Ashley, maybe, if he is a projected first round pick.

Tarczewski, maybe, although He should stay for one more year, I think.
#8 - January 18, 2014, 11:10:11 am

Members: