AZ Barbeque.com

ASU coaching search ...

Discussion started on

Crash

And they wouldnt take June Jones??   :D 

This is pretty embarrassing.  I feel for the ASU fans.  Naw.....actually, I dont.  ;)
#46 - December 14, 2011, 06:33:47 pm
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

Mike P in Tucson

ESPN is really ripping Graham.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7355451/arizona-state-sun-devils-coach-todd-graham-new-president-liar-club

That guy has no class at all.

Other than Love, Crow, and Patterson, I have yet to see or hear anything positive about Todd Graham.  He is being dissed by EVERYONE.
#47 - December 15, 2011, 01:16:23 pm
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 04:12:29 pm by Mike P in Tucson »
all time series records with asu (as of 12/1/2012)

football: 47-38-1 arizona
basketball: 142-80 arizona
baseball: 237-203-1 arizona

bucaguy

I have heard lots of good things about him.. A Lb that played for him that is now on the Rams says he is one hell of a coach..  Most people are not bashing his coaching just how he left.  Sounds like he as a fish out of Water up in Pitt..
#48 - December 15, 2011, 04:47:17 pm
Owner of Sin Bin BBQ and Member of Fat Man Que bbq team
Just some big heavy offset right now.

Mike P in Tucson

From everything I have seen, he is even more of a wild man on the sidelines than Mike Stoops.

I haven't seen a single article where anyone, much less former players, said he is a great coach.  Maybe you can link to an article that says that?

But his teams ARE disciplined and get very few penalties.  But all the current ASU players are used to DE's undisciplined approach.  Are they gonna be able to get in line?  How about Vontase Barfight?  Will he get kicked off the team?
#49 - December 15, 2011, 06:00:45 pm
all time series records with asu (as of 12/1/2012)

football: 47-38-1 arizona
basketball: 142-80 arizona
baseball: 237-203-1 arizona

bucaguy

It was on the radio today.. Dude just looks like a coach.. I think he will be good. but who knows.. i thought  Tim Brewster was going to lead the Gophers to the Rose Bowl :'( :'( :'(
#50 - December 15, 2011, 07:40:03 pm

Thom Emery

Catering, Competition Cooking and Community Service

www.bbqthom.com

What Wood Jesus Q

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Ouch.  Sounds like this guy has a lot of baggage...
#52 - December 15, 2011, 11:19:38 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

bucaguy

Ouch.  Sounds like this guy has a lot of baggage...

Mike if he had not left Pitt after one year nobody would be saying anything about him.. And Hell who really pays attention to the press anyways
#53 - December 16, 2011, 02:18:42 am

Mark

I've heard a couple of interviews with Todd Graham and he definitely has a hyper-positive "My way or the highway" attitude about him; but that is what everyone was clamoring for after DE's laidback style. If Burfict was smart :D he would fully embrace it to re-energize his draft standing, because in a battle of the wills with this headstrong coach, Vontaze will come out the loser if he doesn't embrace the system.

Graham supposedly has deep recruiting roots in the South, Texas and California, so ASU might make deeper inroads into the big talent streams there. Only time will tell. That is if he doesn't bolt after a year. :-\ But a successful season, Territorial Cup victory and winning a serous bowl game will turn him from a goat into a hero.

And if he's really smart, it'll all start next season by reopening Tontozona with Kush watching from the sidelines.
#54 - December 16, 2011, 07:08:08 am
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

Mark

#55 - December 16, 2011, 01:44:09 pm
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

AZWildcat

With the ASU coaching search....beggers can't be chosers! It's just not a "next level" program.ESPN spoke about how ASU facilities are the worst on the west coast and how Pitt shares some facilities with the Steelers. Makes you wonder.
#56 - December 17, 2011, 09:57:51 am
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked
22.5 Kettle to burn burgers and steaks.

Be kind, polite and courteous to everyone you meet, and ALWAYS have a plan to kill them.

Mark

It may not be news in Tucson, but up here there is buzz about major changes to much of the entire athletic facilities, making them capable of hosting things like the Pan-Am games.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/news/articles/2011/11/03/20111103asu-step-closer-sports-mecca.html
#57 - December 17, 2011, 10:51:30 am
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

Members: