AZ Barbeque.com

ASU coaching search ...

Discussion started on

Mark

True, Mike. The lack of discipline bit him in the ass. Too bad Erickson couldn't have traded Stoop a cup of stoicism for bombast. Both would have been better balanced for it.

It will be interesting to see what happens between Vontaze Burfict and whoever is ASU's head coach. Burfict went from being an All-American, eventually a very high draft pick, to not even getting honorable mention in the PAC-12. One of the most annoying moments for Sun Devil fans was watching that moron laugh and high-five his buds on the sidelines during the final minutes of the ASU-UA game. I hope he enjoyed it; that alone probably cost this clown millions in draft position status.

No matter how you feel about Dennis Erickson, a two-national-championship elder statesman had earned the right to wind down his fabled career celebrating his notable accomplishments, not being punked by a douchebag like Burfict. :mad:
#31 - December 12, 2011, 03:51:07 pm
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

Mike P in Tucson

I don't have anything against DE, other than his lack of discipline of his players.  Burfick could have been a great player, but only if he had been disciplined from his first day as a freshman.  As it is, he ended up just being an overweight thug.  I'm not sure how even DE could have let Burfict get so overweight.
#32 - December 12, 2011, 05:46:00 pm
all time series records with asu (as of 12/1/2012)

football: 47-38-1 arizona
basketball: 142-80 arizona
baseball: 237-203-1 arizona

AZWildcat

A few days ago but a good summary of events:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45605292

And it looks like Kyle is staying put in Utah. ASU is gonna have to dig deeper into the checkbook or search farther down the coaching pool. Time is just an enemy at this point. I think they can still score well though.
#33 - December 12, 2011, 06:38:44 pm
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked
22.5 Kettle to burn burgers and steaks.

Be kind, polite and courteous to everyone you meet, and ALWAYS have a plan to kill them.

bucaguy

I coached Pee Wee football and won a title.. I may have to send a resume over!! :D
#34 - December 13, 2011, 05:56:15 am
Owner of Sin Bin BBQ and Member of Fat Man Que bbq team
Just some big heavy offset right now.

Mark

I'm still holding out for Pee Wee Herman who was suggested earlier. 8)
#35 - December 13, 2011, 12:19:21 pm
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

Mark

AZWildcat

Is this a good hire? I wonder what attracted to them to this coach? Leaving a big program after only 1 year and bailing on all those kids does not show a lot of character.
#37 - December 14, 2011, 11:26:16 am
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked
22.5 Kettle to burn burgers and steaks.

Be kind, polite and courteous to everyone you meet, and ALWAYS have a plan to kill them.

Mark

#38 - December 14, 2011, 12:05:05 pm
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

Mike P in Tucson

It is an awesome hire....................for the U of A.

Only at ASU...................fire a coach for going 6-6 and hire a coach who just went..............6-6. :laugh:

This is a great read.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news;_ylt=AhNBmoiodXkpEcAI6nlInDYcvrYF?slug=pf-forde_graham_leaves_pitt_for_arizona_state_121411

#39 - December 14, 2011, 12:12:13 pm
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 12:32:34 pm by Mike P in Tucson »

Mark

Here's more about the guy. So far about the only good thing I've read is that Pitt was among the lowest in penalties, but that is a heckuva reason to hire the guy. Here's hoping there's more. Time will tell.

Here's some more background on the guy. In the it's a small world category, he used to be on RichRod's staff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_Graham
#40 - December 14, 2011, 12:24:17 pm
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

Mike P in Tucson

Not only was he on RichRod's staff, so were his assistant coaches.  In fact, 3 of RichRod's first hires were from Graham's staff.  I also heard that Graham called those 3 coaches "mercenaries" for jumping ship to go to Arizona.  Is that funny, or what?
#41 - December 14, 2011, 12:31:47 pm

Mark

:D :D
#42 - December 14, 2011, 12:43:37 pm
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

G$

I am thrilled with the way these coaching searches turned out.
#43 - December 14, 2011, 03:02:05 pm
G$

bucaguy

This may be a good hire.. Lots of coaches that have worked with him have went on to to other big programs.. Seems like he may have a eye for coordinator's..  Also you can throw out the 6-6 at PITT.. He took over after the other dude got fired for drunken driving.. None of those kids were his recruits and he had no QB on that team..  Give him some time I bet you may be suprised.
#44 - December 14, 2011, 05:03:20 pm
Owner of Sin Bin BBQ and Member of Fat Man Que bbq team
Just some big heavy offset right now.

Mike (AZBarbeque)

I'm surprised, so hopefully ASU knows something we don't.  I didn't even hear this guys name in conversations..

Certainly not the "Big Name" Coach we were hoping to land.

Hopefully it's a good hire...
#45 - December 14, 2011, 05:13:26 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Members: