AZ Barbeque.com

Wood Info

Discussion started on

Griln4u

See you in the morning
#16 - July 21, 2006, 10:51:08 am

bearbonez

Each sack will give you a 6-10 hour burn in a normal campfire, (NOT BONFIRE!!!!).

I don't remember those days...man were they fun.
#17 - July 21, 2006, 02:55:52 pm
David "Bear" Nunley

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Each sack will give you a 6-10 hour burn in a normal campfire, (NOT BONFIRE!!!!).

I don't remember those days...man were they fun.

Hey, I don't want to hear it, you all have been invited on this trip... If you don't attend, that's on you....  ;)
#18 - July 21, 2006, 03:16:26 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Thomas,

I will be in tomorrow to pick up those 10 bags of fire wood.  Any time work better for you?

Thanks,

Mike
#19 - July 25, 2006, 07:18:39 am
Michael J. Reimann

ron b

do you have a chipper for the wood? or can you make it almost to dust i have heard that work s well in the wsm's  soaked.
thanks ron b. 
#20 - July 25, 2006, 07:43:11 am
wwww.jncentertainmentservices.com

BERRY-BRO

Hi Guys,
2 answers: I'm here from 7AM  until 2PM, my loaders leave at 11AM but you're welcome to load your own ;D...
No, we don't use chippers, we have about 6 different types of splitters and we process down to fist size chunks....but ....as a side product, the splitting and processing creates tons of small chips! Unfortunately the labor to gather and bag is too expensive so we don't do it. But you are welcome to bag your own, we supply bags or you can bring your own container.
Thomas
#21 - July 25, 2006, 08:16:23 am
Wood for BBQs, Smokers, Grills, Pizza Ovens...ETC.

ron b

thanks thomas will do. ;)
#22 - July 25, 2006, 09:15:53 am
wwww.jncentertainmentservices.com

Griln4u

I have been to the top of the pile and I have seen the heap!

Folks, just to let you know I did pop bye and meet Thomas today
#23 - July 25, 2006, 02:00:54 pm

BERRY-BRO

Yes, nice to meet you Mr. Griln4u!
Actually my thoughts were slightly different....and could be considered a "Wood Tip of the Day"!
When cooking with hardwood I have a couple of simple points to remember:
#1 for combined best flavor, highest heat, longest burn, are the NUT woods, these include Hickory, Pecan, Oak, Pistachio, Almond ETC. (Walnut is not included here as it can be TOO smoky!) another bonus with NUT woods is that you can use them almost green without any bad effects (just getting them lit and keeping them going would pose a problem).
#2 for great flavor, high heat but fastest burning rate, there are the FRUIT woods, these include Apple, Cherry, Plum, Peach, Citrus ETC. (I would also include Alder in this group).
#3 For super coals but not the best flavor, there are the BEAN (PODS) woods, they include Mesquite, Ironwood, Ebony ETC. I recommend these for open fire grilling or buried pit cooking! If you can get these types cheap they make execellent coal beads for your smokers! NEVER use Mesquite green in a metal cooker, the bitter flavor will cling forever!
This is all a bit oversimplified but I hope it can be helpful to someone!
Thomas
#24 - July 26, 2006, 08:39:08 am

Griln4u

Rumor has it, Mom was going to make my middle name "Oversimplificatioon" but didnt think i could speel it
#25 - July 26, 2006, 12:40:22 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Thomas,

Great to see you again today, sorry I didn't get a chance to stay a bit longer, but I had an 11 am meeting I had to get to.

Thanks for the wood and having it all ready to go, that was awesome.

I really like your organization method with the business cards, I want to come back in there and write down the names and contact info of all of them to send them some invites to the BBQ Contest.

Let me know if you run short on those flyers and I will bring you some more right out.  We are also having some posters made and once they get here, I will bring you one of them too.

See you in a few weeks for wood for our new smoker.

Thanks again.
 ;)
Mike
#26 - July 26, 2006, 12:58:10 pm
Michael J. Reimann

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Hey all, I stopped by Berry Brothers today and picked up a smoker trailer full of Pecan Wood.  He has some great wood out there right now at incredible prices, so if you are needing some, head on over there.  Let them know that you were sent by AZBarbeque.

I took our new rig over there and I think I can safely say they were all very impressed with it.  It does show well.

Thomas, Thanks for all your help and support, you are great.

I know you said you had just gotten some rare, special wood in, if you get a chance, let everyone know what it is and what the cost is.  Hopefully they will come down there and buy you out of it quick.

Thanks again, I will post some pictures of the grill in action late next week.
#27 - August 17, 2006, 01:12:23 pm
Michael J. Reimann

BBQCZAR

Mike ,sorry I missed you today at my store.I do alot of road repairs and I am gone usually after 11 am.My employee said that your smoker is awsome !! I am really looking forward to getting mine and using it.I will try and hook up with you next week some time,I can come by and see the cooker. I am going to try to come up to Taylor to meet everyone and eat some good food.Are we still looking at about mid Sept. for mine to get here ? I am very anxious ;D
#28 - August 17, 2006, 03:08:30 pm
www.thebbqbullies.com
www.azvideoelectronics.com

BBQ Bullies competition barbeque team

Griln4u

Incredible prices???Special wood???   Why am I always the last to know?

BTW, that chunk Pistachio is Killer on Chicken! I havenít schmooked this much since High SchoolÖ Iím burning it up Berry Bro; Iíll bee back down for another truck load soon

Regards

Cowpuncher Bob
#29 - August 17, 2006, 04:00:31 pm

BERRY-BRO

Hey Mike, you are very welcome, sorry I won't get to go on the trip though!
Mr. Cowpuncher Bob I will save something for you also!!!
I just got some REAL Cherry wood in for the true Connoisseur! It's $20 a Sack, not quite as big as our other sacks but you get a lot of wood for your $20! The new Mike warns us though: use it very sparingly or you'll be runnin' to the outhouse......I haven't tried it yet so I can't say, but those that have say the smell and flavor is just incredible.....and please if any are planning to get a large load of chunks call me ahead of you coming down to make sure I have what you want....we're blowin' through the good stuff!!! Thanks...........602-244-1422.................don't forget to say AZBBQ
#30 - August 18, 2006, 07:12:06 pm

Members: