AZ Barbeque.com

Why Kingsford??

Discussion started on

Jaybird

I know later someone could've gotten a DUI on that same Cruisin Cooler (GC man).  :D
#31 - May 28, 2009, 02:49:38 pm

azkitch

Does Dean photoshop all that awesome food he posts too??
And, back on subject--Once I read a list of all the crap K puts in the Blue Bag stuff, I moved away from it. I might as well start smokin' cigs again as cook on that and eat it. OK, I'm exaggerating. Lots. OTOH, that Rhythm guy seems to have won a contest or two...never mind Jaybird. BlueK does have 6X the ash of anything else I've used, and I'm glad to be away from that. KMart is carrying RO briquettes at about $6 for 18#, and that's good enuf for me. Lately, I've been mixin' RO & RO lump. But like I've complained in other threads, I have my SnP intake vent open about 5/8", and I have 300* in the cooking chamber. I'm gonna try another pizza at that rate. Just open the damper about halfway, and I'll get temps in the mid 500s!!
Kitch
#32 - May 28, 2009, 05:39:37 pm
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 05:43:05 pm by azkitch »
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

desertdog

It may be more expensive, but I have been real happy with the Kingsford Comp.

#33 - May 28, 2009, 05:47:12 pm
Pitmaster for Ship of Fools, er...Major Woody's BBQ Team
Beer Ambassador -currently doing research in assorted Bavarian Villages

ron b

i am in the works of making a solar panel cooker so i can end all the BS may even make my own category so ......there!!!!! O0 O0
#34 - May 28, 2009, 05:58:14 pm
wwww.jncentertainmentservices.com

Tek465

i am in the works of making a solar panel cooker so i can end all the BS may even make my own category so ......there!!!!! O0 O0

Warning: Do not look into beam with remaining eye.
#35 - May 28, 2009, 09:09:21 pm

force

but does it work on a cloudy day or at night?
#36 - May 28, 2009, 09:46:28 pm
Huge Fan of Mike (AZBarbeque)... He's My Hero..

Cornbred

Really funny!! i don't even know you guys  and that is hilarious!! almost  looks like a Saturday night live skit!!!
#37 - May 29, 2009, 01:42:50 am

Mike (AZBarbeque)

That is pretty hilarious.  Get a tan and cook at the same time..
#38 - May 29, 2009, 03:48:39 am
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Lizard333

I have to agree with Jaybird here, why bother with all the fancy gadgets??  To me it seems more like real BBQ if you are out there tending to the fire.  Finished BBQ is only part of the experience.  A BIG part is tending to fire and enjoying the time with family and friends.  I don't mind at all, checking on my flame every now and then. So what if the temp goes a few degrees one way or another for a little while, I don't think a 15 pound brisket is going to get upset.  Like Jaybird said, I feel like I am accomplishing something, kinda old school I guess.

To each his own............  "K" and all...........
#39 - May 29, 2009, 06:12:07 am
Bueller... Bueller...  Bueller..........

azkitch

Warning: Do not look into beam with remaining eye.

Izzat the Red Green show?
#40 - June 01, 2009, 02:12:42 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

force

waiting to see the product
#41 - June 01, 2009, 10:26:15 pm
Huge Fan of Mike (AZBarbeque)... He's My Hero..

Members: