AZ Barbeque.com

Pellet Supplier

Discussion started on

rsbaran

Hi,
I'm new to the forum and new to the Phoenix area.  Where can I get pellets to feed my traeger?
Thanks in advance,
Robert.
#1 - July 12, 2010, 12:44:24 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Robert,

First off, Welcome to the site/club, great to have you here.  Hope to see you online more sharing your BBQing exploits with us.  We have a great group of BBQers on here and lots of great discussions & events.  Hope to meet you out at some.

For Pellets for your Traeger, you can get them at a number of places including from several of our great Club Sponsors.

BBQ Island - http://www.bbqislandinc.com/

Gourmet Grills - Ask for Ken - http://www.aztraegergrills.com/

Tell them all that you found them on AZBarbeque.

Let us know how it works out for you.

Mike
#2 - July 12, 2010, 12:50:26 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

birdie64

Buy 10 bags from Ken and he will deliver them to your door "no charge".  And his prices are the best I have seen anywhere for Traeger brand pellets.
#3 - July 12, 2010, 04:40:33 pm

xmetal68

I've found that the Traeger pellets don't give off as much smoke and leave a lot of dust in the hopper. I'd go with Branch Creek pellets (Epp Farms) as they give off plenty of smoke and are supposed to be made of 100% of which ever flavor your buying. Meaning they're 100% hickory, apple, etc... and not mixed/cut with a percentage of alder or oak
#4 - July 16, 2010, 11:29:19 am

jmcrig

I've found that the Traeger pellets don't give off as much smoke and leave a lot of dust in the hopper. I'd go with Branch Creek pellets (Epp Farms) as they give off plenty of smoke and are supposed to be made of 100% of which ever flavor your buying. Meaning they're 100% hickory, apple, etc... and not mixed/cut with a percentage of alder or oak

I'll second that. Epps Farm or BBQer Delight are the only way to go. Some of the traeger pellets don't even have the type wood the flavoring is in them, it's oil from the particular wood.
#5 - July 16, 2010, 04:37:50 pm

shortbus_35

I'll second that. Epps Farm or BBQer Delight are the only way to go. Some of the traeger pellets don't even have the type wood the flavoring is in them, it's oil from the particular wood.

Are the Epps Farm and BBQer Delights available at BBQ Island or other retailer??
#6 - September 28, 2010, 10:49:56 am

toys4dlr

BBQ Island has Epps are when Mike can get them, Fast Eddie has a good pellet that Mike carries too.  Not sure about the BBR's Delight, I just order directly from Candy Sue for those. 
#7 - September 28, 2010, 05:10:21 pm
Toys 4 BBQ'N
Competition BBQ Team - Anthem, Arizona

Comfort is King with our team

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ
North Valley Magazine's Reader's Choice Best BBQ for 2010 and 2011

Members: