AZ Barbeque.com

Guacasmokey

Discussion started on

Mark

Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

z98dog

Thanks Mark! Now we don't need guac for those pulled pork quesadillas.  ;)

Need to find some avocado to add to my flavor-wood collection. Put it next to the pistachio, cherry, apple, pecan, and citrus (lemon, orange, tangerine, and grapefruit) I have.
#2 - November 04, 2011, 10:31:58 pm
Brinkman Vertical - NBBD offset Horizonal - Custom cold smoke generator - Kingsford Oval Kettle - Pitmaster iQue 110 stoker - Weber OTS Kettle - Customized gas Pizza grill - Mini WSM-style smoker - UDS

camencrony

Recently joined the forum and liked the topic for post. Keep sharing.
#3 - November 04, 2011, 10:50:09 pm

Mark

My in-laws used to have an avocado tree right here in Phoenix. It even bore fruit. And it all started from planting a pit. I wonder if the pits would provide good smoke? Heck, we all end up with a few of those after making guacamole. Might be worth trying.
#4 - November 05, 2011, 06:46:09 am
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

PAT YOUNG

MARK, I don't know about guac pits but back when i was about 20 and it was me and the ol'e ECB i used to use all the hardwood nut shells from CHRISTMAS to smoke trout ! A little salt and pepper, then wrap in bacon, then drizzle with maple syrup, on the pit !They always came out yummy!!
#5 - March 15, 2012, 11:31:33 pm

Mark

I've used whole pecans and they work well. My in-laws have a couple of ancient pecan trees that drop tons of smallish ones. The work-to-nutmeat ratio makes them unworthy of shelling , but decent as a smoking medium.
#6 - March 16, 2012, 09:52:40 am
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

noah78

Avocado is great as a food supplement! I like that taste in my meals..Avocados are a very rich source of vitamins and minerals...My favorite is Avocado Halves with Bolognaise Topping!
#7 - April 20, 2012, 09:09:22 am

Mark

That sounds wild!

I had a high school chum who came back from a foreign exchange student stint in Brazil with a recipe for avocado pudding. Just think of avocados with an equal amount of sugar whipped in. :-[  Still gives me the willies to think about it. :-X Everyone was so grossed out that I felt obligated to ask for a second helping, just to make my buddy feel better. I can still taste it. ???
#8 - April 20, 2012, 06:42:34 pm
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

Members: