AZ Barbeque.com

"Recycling" charcoal

Discussion started on

Mark

Now I need a margarita! Ah...the powers of suggestion.  ;)
#16 - June 03, 2009, 03:35:34 pm
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

toys4dlr

Like your Weber Silver, my Kamados are air-tight. I shut then down after cooking and probably 50% of my charcoal is saved for my next session. A bag of Kingsford will last me over a month, so I can spend my money on more important things...like bourbon.  :D

Yep, my #7 Raspberry Kamado is not so air tight anymore.  The Spider broke out of the collar, when the threaded rod froze. When I tried to help it along, the damper cap broke into two peices.  It does store all my extra equipment well.
#17 - June 03, 2009, 05:27:58 pm
Toys 4 BBQ'N
Competition BBQ Team - Anthem, Arizona

Comfort is King with our team

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ
North Valley Magazine's Reader's Choice Best BBQ for 2010 and 2011

force

I knew it.............
#18 - June 03, 2009, 09:19:05 pm
Huge Fan of Mike (AZBarbeque)... He's My Hero..

azkitch

You're almost right. I do grill about 5 times a week. Tonight....carne asada, rice, grilled tortillas, pico de gallo and of course....... margaritas.

I can't keep the rice from falling through the grates. Do you have a source for LARGE GRAIN rice?
#19 - June 03, 2009, 09:48:03 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

xaresx

Hey all.  New here, figured this is as good a place as any to start...  I'll generally pile the used charcoal and pour the newly lit stuff over it.  I use the Cowboy lump and given how fast it burns recycling the old charcoal allows me to increase my burn time a little.
#20 - June 11, 2009, 05:20:25 pm

Jaybird

Welcome Brad, you'll find a good bunch of people here. ;)
#21 - June 11, 2009, 05:44:31 pm

Members: