AZ Barbeque.com

Big fat splits of GRAPE wood

Discussion started on

BERRY-BRO

We have a small quantity of Grape wood from several years ago, this is better than Mesquite or Charcoal for making coals, if anybody has ever tried this they know how good it is. The pieces aren't little bitty sticks, these are nice split log sizes. $240 a pick-up load (4 rows level), or $120 for half a truck (2 rows level)
5317 E. Washington Street, Phoenix, 85034
call Thomas at 602-244-0000
THIS IS FOR AZBARBEQUE FORUMITES ONLY, IT IS THE LAST OF MY PERSONAL STASH!!!!! Please mention this post!
#1 - June 08, 2009, 12:10:27 pm
Wood for BBQs, Smokers, Grills, Pizza Ovens...ETC.

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Thomas, WOW, that's awesome, the Grape really is a great coal wood as you say, we used it out at Stagecoach in 2008 and it worked great.

If any of you are looking for some Grape wood, this is a great deal, get in there and pick some up.

THANKS again Thomas for this great member discount..  ;)
#2 - June 14, 2009, 05:44:02 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

AzJohnnyC

Out of curiosity, what are the characteristics of grape wood?  What would you cook with it, and the strength, etc?
#3 - June 14, 2009, 08:24:37 pm
Whiskey Business BBQ
WWW.Facebook.com/whiskeybusinessbbq

Weber 22-1/2 Silver
Twin Pro Q Excel 20s
Lang 84 Deluxe

BERRY-BRO

the Characteristics depend on how the wood looks and is seasoned, first, normal Grape wood is no more than about 2-3 inches in diameter, second it is normally seasoned a year or less. This type of Grape is OK in a smoker and in Europe they call it "fruit of the vine" cooking. The stash I am advertising is my personal stash from at least 10 years ago, some of it was in excess of 8-10 inches in diameter, almost tree sizes!!! This stuff is pure fuel, almost like Mesquite charcoal with a rocket fuel booster, this gets very hot, burns super long and absolutely clean, the wood looks real gnarley but as it turns to coal, it is almost like perfect cubes, the coolest thing you ever saw in charcoal....Stop in, I'll turn you on to a few samples! Thomas
#4 - June 15, 2009, 09:36:51 am

force

tom.. would you deliver that?  I love grape..............
#5 - June 15, 2009, 09:22:49 pm
Huge Fan of Mike (AZBarbeque)... He's My Hero..

BERRY-BRO

call me at 602-244-0000 for delivery options, thanks, Thomas
#6 - June 19, 2009, 08:30:06 am

Members: