Advice on new BGE

Discussion started on


  • Karma: 0
So I bought a used small BGE to mostly bake and grill with. My question is about using something other than a place setter, since they dont make one for the small. I have seen the woo ring but really dont want to spend the money on that and the 10' stone and a 12' pizza stone. My idea is to use 2 12' rods to go from side to side and thru a 10' cast iron lid handle, upside down. Could even do like 4 bars across, not using the handle. Set the grill top on top of the lid and the pizza stone on top of that. I did a test setup with heavy duty skewers. Seems very stable. Just wondering what you guys think of using cast iron instead of a stone? Should disperse heat well.  Thanks
#1 - March 27, 2013, 08:03:40 pm
KCBS Judge #53780

Bob Smith

  • Karma: 5
I have several BGE, 1 xl, 2 large , and a small. Plate setters are available for the small, I have one for mine. Here is the part # for the plate setter.

Plate Setter for Small EGG
#2 - March 27, 2013, 09:19:44 pm
1 small BGE
FEC 100


  • Karma: 0
The Plate setter is something everyone should have. 
#3 - February 08, 2014, 04:35:08 pm


  • Karma: 9
Bob, did you get bit by the comma/apostrophe monster?
Part # is PSS on BGE website. Good luck with it!
#4 - February 08, 2014, 05:09:19 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!


0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.