AZ Barbeque.com

Chargriller BGE Style

Discussion started on

Mcevoyrom

I have one that I got for just $150 brand new at Fry's market Place. I have used even at comps with some success with just a pizza pan diffuser for indirect heat. I have never seen where it has come close to tipping over in even high wind. I use it around 350 to 400 degrees usually and it works fine. What I don't like about it is some of the hardware is cheaply made on it and my lid gasket is already deteriorating. But it was worth the price at $150. I wish my wife wanted me to buy a Green Egg though because although they are pricy, they are great cookers.
#16 - March 26, 2014, 11:41:05 am

Yeller

Rick, you can use a BGE felt kit for the gaskets with the existing gasket that is on the cooker. Digi and Partys Q are available for these as well. I have a Party Q and it works good. just don't lift the lid or the temps will take off.
#17 - March 26, 2014, 01:29:59 pm
Classy Q BBQ - Retired

KCBS CBJ
Kamado x2
Weber 22/18
Weber Baby Q

"why are we in this handbasket and where are we going?"

Mcevoyrom

Thanks Berry, do you think I should remove the old gasket as it is detiriating? I am wanting to get an adaptor to fit a party q on mine

Buy the way, that $150 cooker was used for chicken and I was the 2013 BCS team of the year in chicken and over on the Grand Canyon site the 2013 Copper Star team of the year in chicken. I have also cooked a 3 hour brisket on it that came out surprisingly good. I haven't seen them new for as low as $150 since I bought mine, but I see them all day at $250. For what you pay you can't beat it.
#18 - March 27, 2014, 04:30:42 am

Yeller

Rick, I think you can get a gasket replacement from Chargriller via phone call. I used the BGE XL felt kit, think I paid $12. BBI should have them. They are the self adhesive yellow high temp. You can also apply the felt around the intake to seal it better.
#19 - March 27, 2014, 07:13:13 am
Classy Q BBQ - Retired

KCBS CBJ
Kamado x2
Weber 22/18
Weber Baby Q

Mcevoyrom

Can you use just the BGE Felt Gasket and not get a Chargrill Gasket?
#20 - March 27, 2014, 01:12:39 pm

Yeller

Good question, you may need to double the felt
#21 - March 27, 2014, 01:38:22 pm
Classy Q BBQ - Retired

KCBS CBJ
Kamado x2
Weber 22/18
Weber Baby Q

chandlergrills

I got one of the CG Akorns about a month ago & love. I can cook for hours with just a handful of briquettes.
#22 - September 29, 2015, 01:44:01 pm

Members: