AZ Barbeque.com

Tri-Tip w/ Pineapple, Mango & Chipotle Salsa

Discussion started on

CarolinaQue

Here's something that I did up for a friends anniversary party, I'll share the smaller recipe:

Salsa:

Orange Muscat Champagne Vinegar or Balsamic and honey
1 small Pineapple
1 large Mango
1 small onion
Chipotles (2 for mild, 3 for medium, 4 for hot)
Handfull of fresh cilantro

Mix vinegar and honey in a bowl with a 1 to 1 ratio. I do 1/3 cup to a 1/3 cup. Peel and cut fruit and onion. Cut pineapple into 1/2" medallions and the mango the best you can. Brush fruit and onion with liquid and sprinkle with beef rub. Grill on a med hot fire for 2 to 3 minutes, turn, coat the other side and continue to grill another 2 to 3 minutes. Cut fruit/onion into chunks and place in a food processor or blender. Add cilantro, chipolte's and a couple of tablespoons of left over liquid. Puree' for a minute or 2. Place in a container and chill in the fridge overnight.

Day of, cook the tri-tip as follows:

Tri-Tip - 1 1/2 to 2 lbs

Rub and grill Santa Maria style until it reaches 135* internal. Wrap in foil and allow to rest while the bread is being browned.

For the bread:

One large loaf of Italian/French style bread:

Mix 50/50 Olive oil and melted butter. Butterfly the bread open, brush mixture on and broil until it turns a golden brown (2 to 3 minutes).

Spread the mayonase/mustard mix (1/2 cup mayo, 1/4 to 1/3 cup Dijon and 1 to 2 tablespoons of granulated garlic well mixed) onto the bread halves.

Thinly slice (1/8" or thinner) the tri-tip against the grain and place on both sides of the bread. Spread as much salsa as you'd like onto one half of the bread, fold together, cut into sandwiches and enjoy!

Give it a shot Mike. I think that you'll like it!

Tim
#1 - May 23, 2007, 05:44:41 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Heck, I'm drooling already.  That's a fantastic sounding recipe.  I will certainly try that one.

I'm sure Bear will love it as well with that Mango and Pineapple in it.  It has the Hawaiian theme...

Did you take any pictures of it so I can see what I am trying to achieve??

Keep them coming, I love it..
#2 - May 23, 2007, 06:24:39 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

CarolinaQue

Mike,

I will take pics this weekend as it has been requested by the boss, a.k.a the wife for dinner over the weekend.

Tim
#3 - May 23, 2007, 06:32:11 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Nice....
#4 - May 23, 2007, 06:37:47 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Members: