AZ Barbeque.com

I have a Skirt steak or flank steak which ever you want to call itMarinate with?

Discussion started on

force

simple..
soy sauce
fresh lemon juice
olive oil
laureys garlic salt
pepper
fresh lime juice
worsheshire sauce
and the key is the finishing dipping sauce... which is mayo and a1 steak sauce mixed together........ dip your steak in that before it hits your mouth......... try it........

Now Mike would have you marinate it in liquid smoke................
#16 - June 28, 2009, 10:49:48 pm
Huge Fan of Mike (AZBarbeque)... He's My Hero..

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Now Mike would have you marinate it in liquid smoke................

Of course you would marinate it in Liquid Smoke, isn't boiling marinating??   :o  ;D
#17 - June 28, 2009, 11:35:55 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

force

I knew it..........
#18 - June 29, 2009, 04:54:20 pm
Huge Fan of Mike (AZBarbeque)... He's My Hero..

Lizard333

I personally use some salt, pepper, olive oil, plenty of garlic, and some lemon juice.  Give it a couple of hours and cook right on the coals of some mesquite charcoal.  I saw this done on good a couple three years back and love it!!  I don't even both blowing the ash off of the coals.  I just put it on for a couple of minutes on each side.  no flare ups and you get the real quick, high heat sear you need to make the perfect flank steak.  Just make sure that you check your meat for coals, by dusting it off.  It usually comes off pretty clean.
#19 - July 11, 2009, 06:04:43 am
Bueller... Bueller...  Bueller..........

Captain BBQ

Here is one I like on flank steak that I have in one of my books.   I usually grill some red, and yellow bell peppers to go with it with grilled corn on the cobb with lime juice, paprika and cotija cheese on it. I marinate it overnight.  Anything less doesn't do it justice. Enjoy!

1/4 brown sugar
3 tbsp OJ
3 tbsp Lime juice
3 cloves garlic minced
1 piece of ginger minced (1 inch by 1inch)
2 tsp orange zest
2 tsp lime zest
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground cloves
(I usually also add some pinnapple juice) 
#20 - August 04, 2009, 06:30:31 pm

RudedoggAZ

i love to cook as much as the next guy but when it comes to flank/skirt steak by the time all is said and done you are better off going to a good carneseira...carne asada is  round  $ 4-5 a lb well worth the effort time etc.... some fresh tortilla's salsa guack yum yum......

p.s. everyone here knows there business just for me some times i take the easy route
rjb

I love doing this... It's either called Carne Asada or Aranchera. I cook everything on the grill (Jalps, Limes, Onions, Tortillas) Then I serve it family style.

When it comes to flank/skirt steak I like to marinate it in Yoshidas marinade with some chopped onions, and pepper flake. I RARELY use already made sauces but my father in law cooks it this way and I love it. I prefer a wet marinade for Flank/Skirt and have tried several and I like them all.
#21 - August 05, 2009, 12:58:54 pm

smitty250

i love to cook as much as the next guy but when it comes to flank/skirt steak by the time all is said and done you are better off going to a good carneseira...carne asada is  round  $ 4-5 a lb well worth the effort time etc.... some fresh tortilla's salsa guack yum yum......

p.s. everyone here knows there business just for me some times i take the easy route
rjb

I'm with you on that. You can't go wrong getting carne asada from a carniceria.
#22 - August 05, 2009, 01:08:27 pm
Loot N' Booty BBQ
2014 American Royal Invitational Chicken Champion
2014 American Royal Open Reserve Grand Champion
2016 Jack Daniels Invitational World Pork Champion
2014, 2015 and 2016 AZ BBQ Team of the Year

Members: