Guinness Marinated Flank Steak Sandwiches with Grilled Onions and Boursin Cheese
  BBQ Island      
AZ Barbeque.com
September 19, 2014, 08:53:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Get your team signed up for the Slab-o-rama.  http://www.azbarbeque.com/forums/slab-o-rama/

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Guinness Marinated Flank Steak Sandwiches with Grilled Onions and Boursin Cheese  (Read 994 times)
Mark
2000 + Posts WOW, talk about Addiction...

It's a pleasure to meat you.

Referrals: 5

« on: March 02, 2012, 03:43:17 pm »

http://www.azcentral.com/style/hfe/food/articles/2012/03/01/20120301marinate-steak-guinness-st-patricks-day.html

Mark Motta
Meatier Creator
bearbonez
Club Ambassador
Addiction, what addiction... Gotta post more. Bumping is my life..

Referrals: 1

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 06:05:16 pm »

You had me at Guinness

David "Bear" Nunley
jimj
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 02:24:21 pm »

You had me at Guinness
If you're a big fan of Guinness you HAVE to try Guinness cake! My son found it and made it, WOW!
Mark

It's a pleasure to meat you.

Referrals: 5

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 02:35:53 pm »

Back before it was popular in Phoenix, an Irish college buddy of mine would convince people to order Guinness. They'd take one sip, wince and then we would kindly volunteer to finish it off for them. Cheesy

Ever try a Guinness float? Plop a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream into a glass of Guinness. Good stuff! Try it for St. Paddy's Day. Azn

Mark Motta
Meatier Creator
azkitch

Hell yes, I like hot foods!

Referrals: 11

David Kitchener
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 11:12:47 pm »

I finally looked at this article, and noticed that it's by Elizabeth Karmel. She's written a BBQ cookbook or 2...or so. And they're some good ones, too!

CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!
route66
I'm addicted to this site... Send help...

Referrals: 0

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 01:26:13 am »

I love using Guinness for marinades and sauces but to drink is not my favorite nor can I imagine loosing my taste buds enough to enjoy. I had a customer who loved Guinness Stout and had 3-4 bottles every night which made me buy 5 cases at a time to get a discount. As luck would have it he was transferred and I had a hard time selling the last few cases I had even after reducing the price to $1 per bottle. I guess it is similar to anchovies in you either like it or don't. I don't eat anchovies nor drink Guinness but love the flavor for marinades and background flavors.
bearbonez
Club Ambassador
Addiction, what addiction... Gotta post more. Bumping is my life..

Referrals: 1

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 04:43:16 pm »

Dang my luck. I would have cleaned you out of the guinness.

David "Bear" Nunley
jimj
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 07:06:12 am »

I love using Guinness for marinades and sauces but to drink is not my favorite nor can I imagine loosing my taste buds enough to enjoy. I had a customer who loved Guinness Stout and had 3-4 bottles every night which made me buy 5 cases at a time to get a discount. As luck would have it he was transferred and I had a hard time selling the last few cases I had even after reducing the price to $1 per bottle. I guess it is similar to anchovies in you either like it or don't. I don't eat anchovies nor drink Guinness but love the flavor for marinades and background flavors.
As teens we'd drink Guinness. We found if we all chipped in and bought a six'er of Guinness and then a case of the absolutely cheapest garbage beer the one bottle of Guinness we each drank killed the taste buds and made even the worst beer taste great.  Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: