AZ Barbeque.com

First Dry aged Rib-Eye Roast ( pic heavy)

Discussion started on

Mark

Several years ago, I was interviewed in Maxim Magazine about dry-aging meat. My technique was very much like Dave's. You just want to re-wrap it in fresh cheese cloth every other day to eliminate the contamination of pooling blood.
#16 - November 30, 2011, 07:14:16 pm
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

PAT YOUNG

Interviewed in MAXIM about your meat? Kudo's to you! :D
#17 - November 30, 2011, 08:17:27 pm

Mark

That's nuthin. I was also in an article about makin' bacon, too. 8) ;)
#18 - November 30, 2011, 09:51:24 pm
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

mustang

Several years ago, I was interviewed in Maxim Magazine about dry-aging meat. My technique was very much like Dave's. You just want to re-wrap it in fresh cheese cloth every other day to eliminate the contamination of pooling blood.

Just want to mention a fine point that I have been trying unsuccessfully to convince my wife about for years -- LOL.   Most of the liquid in meat is protein-laden water called myoglobin. The reddish color in meat and its juices is not caused by blood. That was pretty much all drained out in the slaughter house. If the stuff on your plate when you slice a steak was blood, it would be much darker, like human blood. If the fluids were blood, then pork and chicken would be dark red.

Check it out here:

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2010/04/the-red-juice-in-raw-red-meat-is-not-blood/
#19 - December 01, 2011, 09:49:24 am

tbonejc

That's nuthin. I was also in an article about makin' bacon, too. 8) ;)

I think you're my idol now Mark.  Before I just wanted to be like you.  Now I want to BE you.   ;D
#20 - December 01, 2011, 01:39:35 pm

Members: