AZ Barbeque.com

Beef BacK Ribs

Discussion started on

Mike89t

Growing up my dad always bought Beef Ribs.  Mostly because they were super cheap.  Plus I loved them.  He used to steam them and then throw them on the grill with BBQ sauce.  They were still pretty tough even though he steamed them but I just couldn't get enough.

So I saw some in the store for a decent price and decided to try them on the smoker.  First I removed the membrane from the back of the ribs.  Then I threw on a very basic rub and smoked them using hickory chunks at 275 till they reached 190 degrees.  Threw on some home made BBQ sauce during the last 30 minutes.  Turned out awesome.  Had that wonderful Beef flavor with a hint of hickory.  Much more tender than my dads old ribs.

#1 - August 08, 2012, 02:48:07 pm
Attachments:
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 02:53:44 pm by Mike89t »

THE COWBOY WAY, AZ

Good job, they look awsome.
#2 - August 08, 2012, 05:33:46 pm
Jr

Gizzy's Smokin Crew

Looks good to me
#3 - August 09, 2012, 04:21:42 pm
Gizzy's Q'N Crew......"FANG" Tastic BBQ
Brinkman Pitmaster Deluxe
Weber Genesis Gas Grill

BBQCZAR

Does anyone know where to get GOOD beef ribs in Phoenix ?
#4 - August 10, 2012, 11:00:45 am
www.thebbqbullies.com
www.azvideoelectronics.com

BBQ Bullies competition barbeque team

Mark

I know what you're saying. It's hard to find any that haven't been stripped to the bone. I did see some at the Mekong Supermarket that looked good. (Dobson & Main Street in Mesa) They were the uncut, meaty ribs as they appear before running through a bandsaw to make Korean bulgogi. I think they were like $2.49/lb.
#5 - August 10, 2012, 12:52:40 pm
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

Send this topic Print

Members: