6319 - Mojave Red

GOLDEN FLAME DISTRIBUTING
24850 N. 19th Ave, Suite 101
PHOENIX AZ 85085
Wayne Stang Ext. 108
(623) 780-8800
wstanf@goldenflame.com
www.goldenflame.com

The Forrest Paint website no longer lists out their distributors.

I called Golden Flame because - their location is on my way home, they are now a division of Arizona Fireplace. 

Gold is a special order, but they have about half a dozen Mojave cans in stock.  $16 per can.
#16 - August 11, 2011, 03:56:47 pm

Zor

I don't know about a maroon paint, but I know you can get gold. There is a "universal gold" available in an engine paint (I think it's dupli-color) and plenty of companies offer an Oldsmobile gold. The Olds rocket motor was gold til the late sixties. If you're in Mesa you can try Space Age. They're an auto body supply company and they have every off the wall paint and usually in stock. The only issue there is it may not be available in a rattle can. Do you have a gun and a compressor?
#17 - August 19, 2011, 08:45:52 pm

Mark

I've bought hi-temp paint at Auto Zone. They have it in several colors. http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Fluids-and-Chemicals/High-Heat-Paint/_/N-261a?filterByKeyWord=high+temperature+paint&fromString=search

But don't do what I did. I mistakenly bought white for the firebox. Dave Williams, my BBQ partner, asked "Well, what color was the cap?" It was so long since I bought spray paint paint I forgot to look. D'oh! :-[ Needless to say, we had the most distinctive paint job out there! :laugh:
#18 - August 20, 2011, 12:33:23 am
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

shortbus_35

I don't know about a maroon paint, but I know you can get gold. There is a "universal gold" available in an engine paint (I think it's dupli-color) and plenty of companies offer an Oldsmobile gold. The Olds rocket motor was gold til the late sixties. If you're in Mesa you can try Space Age. They're an auto body supply company and they have every off the wall paint and usually in stock. The only issue there is it may not be available in a rattle can. Do you have a gun and a compressor?

I have a small "around the house" compressor and it doesn't have the psi output for a gun.  I will give Space Age a call and see what they have.  A guy this weekend suggested Powder Coating it, said the cost for a barrel is about the same as three or four cans of high heat paint.

Might have to look into that as well.
#19 - September 06, 2011, 08:52:04 am

IRONHORSE BBQ

I have a small "around the house" compressor and it doesn't have the psi output for a gun.  I will give Space Age a call and see what they have.  A guy this weekend suggested Powder Coating it, said the cost for a barrel is about the same as three or four cans of high heat paint.

Might have to look into that as well.

Hey Chuck Marv here i looked at the Forrest web site and they have powder coating colors, you could
probably order it form them and take it to a paint co to have them do the work.
#20 - November 17, 2011, 05:35:55 pm

AZWildcat

I recently had 2 UDS's powder coated. Anyone can pm me if they want some tips.
#21 - November 17, 2011, 07:33:49 pm
2 UDS's-Stoked
2 WSM's-Stoked
BWS Party-Stoked
22.5 Kettle to burn burgers and steaks.

Be kind, polite and courteous to everyone you meet, and ALWAYS have a plan to kill them.

Bill Bain

I bought a new barrel and after a year of cooking it still looks new.  Whatever paint they use works great.
#22 - March 16, 2012, 08:22:44 am
Kilted Pig BBQ
"Real men wear kilts"

SmokieG BBQ

Can anyone tell me if Auto Air by Createx or Createx Wicked Airbrush paints will hold up on a smoker? Im going to use a Hi TEMP black or white base coat. Have not decided which color to go with yet. And Im going to use a HI TEMP high gloss to coat over the air brushed art. Any thoughts would really help.
#23 - July 12, 2015, 04:48:07 pm

Members: