Smokers, Grills, Pitts & More > BDS & UDS Smokers

UDS paint

(1/5) > >>

Sparky 78:
I'm new to AZ BBQ. I am wanting input on paint for UDS. I was going to use engine block paint, but there are limited colors. I wonder if regular sprat paint will be fine?

FatCharlie:
VHT 1200 degree header paint
Dupli-color 500 degree caliper paint
Rust-Oleum 500 degree high temp paint

AZWildcat:
My .02,......... my UDS's have original factory paint (whatever 55gal paint is) which im sure is not hi-temp. They hold up just fine and do not suffer from the heat. Remember, you are not grillin, you are smoking under 300 degrees.

Sparky 78:
Thanks guys, but I think my real question is... will regular spray paint hold up to the heat at the bottom of the barrel where the heat is? I'm painting it maroon and gold (sorry AZWildcat)  >:D. Can't find those colors in engine or caliper paint. Once my UDS is done though, I'll post some pics if I can figure out how.

AZWildcat:

--- Quote from: Sparky 78 on February 12, 2011, 09:02:36 am ---Thanks guys, but I think my real question is... will regular spray paint hold up to the heat at the bottom of the barrel where the heat is? I'm painting it maroon and gold (sorry AZWildcat)  >:D. Can't find those colors in engine or caliper paint. Once my UDS is done though, I'll post some pics if I can figure out how.

--- End quote ---
Don't you mean "rust and mustard"? No prob here, you've redeemed yourself by building a UDS anyway 8). Either way, the paint at the bottom would prob survive. Have you checked Napa? But those are kind of odd colors, not much popularity in Sun Devil stuff now, jus saying Sparky. (UA vs ASU basketball Sun night, make sure you tune in). Make sure you get that pic up too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version