AZ Barbeque.com

UDS Lids?

Discussion started on

shortbus_35

I have the standard flat lit, but keep wondering how I can acquire a Kettle Little for some functional space additions.  I've looked through Craig's list and garage sales in my area of town, but no luck - just the small smokey joe's or the 18.5 SMC.

Suggestions?
#1 - January 17, 2013, 12:17:12 am

Crash

I think you just need to keep looking.  Sadly, it is rare for someone to just sell a kettle lid.  You may have to buy the entire kettle.

On another note, we use the original flat drum lid with good success.  We just dropped the grate levels a bit to accomodate for pork butts.

Best of luck.
#2 - January 17, 2013, 01:08:31 am
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

shortbus_35

Crash - I have had awesome success with the flat lid, I have two grate levels with a diffuser but because of the distance I have to do Turkeys or pork butts on the lower grate.  With a taller lid I could probably run double the butts or cook my turkey on the highest grate.

I guess the next logical question is what would a "good price" be on a used kettle if I have to buy the whole thing?  I've tried to weigh the new prices against the cone mod that Fat Charlie runs on his UDS builds

#3 - January 17, 2013, 10:00:25 am

Crash

Weber kettles are easy to find out here at good prices.  $25 is what we got our last one for, then again folks here have a fire sale when they move back to the mainland.  Keep your eyes open on CL.

I have no frame of reference on what they sell for used in the PHX area.
#4 - January 18, 2013, 02:26:33 am
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

danelabaj

I think you will search on internet.
#5 - January 25, 2013, 03:35:50 am

azkitch

I got mine for $10...I could have had a brand new one for $20, once. OK, used one or 2 times...Then there's Skouson...one of the Skouson brothers had a few lids...
#6 - January 25, 2013, 10:54:20 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

iceblue

I was poking around on Craigslist this morning and found this:

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/app/3497369778.html

Just not sure if it's what you guys are looking for (second picture is a free Weber)
#7 - January 26, 2013, 05:37:11 am
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 05:54:56 am by iceblue »

Members: