Smokers, Grills, Pitts & More > BDS & UDS Smokers

UDS Lids?

(1/2) > >>

shortbus_35:
I have the standard flat lit, but keep wondering how I can acquire a Kettle Little for some functional space additions.  I've looked through Craig's list and garage sales in my area of town, but no luck - just the small smokey joe's or the 18.5 SMC.

Suggestions?

Crash:
I think you just need to keep looking.  Sadly, it is rare for someone to just sell a kettle lid.  You may have to buy the entire kettle.

On another note, we use the original flat drum lid with good success.  We just dropped the grate levels a bit to accomodate for pork butts.

Best of luck.

shortbus_35:
Crash - I have had awesome success with the flat lid, I have two grate levels with a diffuser but because of the distance I have to do Turkeys or pork butts on the lower grate.  With a taller lid I could probably run double the butts or cook my turkey on the highest grate.

I guess the next logical question is what would a "good price" be on a used kettle if I have to buy the whole thing?  I've tried to weigh the new prices against the cone mod that Fat Charlie runs on his UDS builds

Crash:
Weber kettles are easy to find out here at good prices.  $25 is what we got our last one for, then again folks here have a fire sale when they move back to the mainland.  Keep your eyes open on CL.

I have no frame of reference on what they sell for used in the PHX area.

danelabaj:
I think you will search on internet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version