AZ Barbeque.com

BDS smoker question

Discussion started on

Amanda

My husband and I are looking to get a Mega BDS Model 3143.  I was wondering if anyone had heard much (good or bad) about the BDS smokers? 
#1 - September 15, 2008, 11:29:43 am
I love smoking meat, but where do you find papers big enough to roll them?

VisionQuest220

Jaybird is the resident expert around here when it comes to actual BDS products.  I'm sure he'll share a few insights about them, both good and bad, once he reads your post.
#2 - September 15, 2008, 11:50:16 am
http://www.rhythmnque.com
The All-WSM Championship Barbeque Team
2008 & 2009 CBBQA Team of the Year

Jaybird

Hi Amanda, I use 2 BDS's in competitions right now. They are an awesome cooker. Very easy to get going...you can be ready to cook in 15 minutes. I have the model 2339-2 so I don't have any experience with the Mega but it's just mine on steroids and I'm sure it will work fine. There really isn't anything bad to say about them....except sometimes people think they're garbage cans. ;D
Tell Rocky Jay from Otis and the Bird sent ya.
#3 - September 15, 2008, 12:01:58 pm

Amanda

That's great to hear.  We were wanting to get ours ordered today, but due to lack of money, it will be later this week.  :)  We are so excited, because we have been using a little cheap smoker from Lowe's.  It is not a good smoker and we really miss our Lang (other than it's habit of eatting all our wood).  We have decided to try out the BDS instead of getting another Lang.  We've heard that the BDS doesn't have flareups unless the lid is off, which is good since we've caught our briskets on fire twice now in our little smoker, but caught them in time to save them.   Oh, the scares we've had!  We hope to get the BDS soon so we can get to practicing and using it.  It's always exciting to get a new smoker!
#4 - September 15, 2008, 05:39:19 pm

Thom Emery

We do our Competition Chicken on a BDS
These can be built at home it your handy
Rocky is a good very helpful Guy
#5 - September 15, 2008, 06:17:15 pm
Catering, Competition Cooking and Community Service

www.bbqthom.com

What Wood Jesus Q

Amanda

I am so excited!  We ordered the BDS this morning and it will be in Flagstaff on Tuesday (9-23) for pickup!  We are having a "Maiden Voyage" party next Wednesday with our friends to try it out!  Our one friends said to just not let it be like the Titanic.  LOL!  They liked the brisket we caught on fire a few months back, so I'm sure we'll be fine.   :D   We're wanting to get a lot of practice in.  We have a catering event (for friends) on the 27th and another in October in KC for my mom's retirement party.   Looks like we're going to be eatting lots of BBQ for the next few months to get all prepared for November. 

My hubby, Brent, is excited about the competition in November.  Looks like we'll get to meet some of you.  We didn't get our form and money out yet (missed the early bird price), but it'll go out soon.  BTW - our team name is Smokin Buds Barbeque if you all happen to see us there. 

We will take pictures on Wednesday, however, and let you know how it went.  We are all giddy with excitement.  It's like Christmas in September.  LOL!  We love trying out new smokers. 
#6 - September 16, 2008, 11:35:29 am

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Amanda,

Congrats on the new purchase, I know you will have a lot of fun practicing with it.

We look forward to seeing you all out at the November Competition, it's going to be a great one.
#7 - September 16, 2008, 12:44:46 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Members: