AZ Barbeque.com

County Requirements List

Discussion started on

rubyourmeatbbq

Does anyone out there have a list of requirements Maricopa County has in order to cook at festivals, farmers markets, etc...?

#1 - February 18, 2014, 05:31:46 pm

AzScott

Have fun with that. You need a catering permit and that requires a commissary and money for permits. Avoid their home base (the dream killers) on Central and talk to the mobile division on 16th and Roosevelt. They are the ones that regulate and inspect at farmers markets so deal with them. Realize that without a full trailer or food truck you will be very limited in what you can serve. They will let you serve what you made at your commissary but you can't "make" anything other than slopping meat on a bun. Also realize they are code followers. Learn to go with the flow and play their codes, ie. play dumb but wanting to follow the rules, to accomplish what you want to accomplish.
#2 - February 18, 2014, 09:18:51 pm
14' R&O offset
FEC 100
3 L BGE's
1 Mini BGE

Competing since July 2010

toys4dlr

And when you get tired of that, look to open your own place.  What crazy SOB would do that????   :laugh:

#3 - February 19, 2014, 12:42:55 pm
Toys 4 BBQ'N
Competition BBQ Team - Anthem, Arizona

Comfort is King with our team

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ
North Valley Magazine's Reader's Choice Best BBQ for 2010 and 2011

AzScott

After my fire inspection today I seriously don't know. Next time I'm getting the health department, the city and the fire department together at the same time. 
#4 - February 19, 2014, 08:47:52 pm
14' R&O offset
FEC 100
3 L BGE's
1 Mini BGE

Competing since July 2010

toys4dlr

That is why I have beer on tap Scott.   :D

I had two guys from same dept that refused to sign until the other guy signs first.  Crazy
#5 - February 19, 2014, 10:50:14 pm
Toys 4 BBQ'N
Competition BBQ Team - Anthem, Arizona

Comfort is King with our team

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ
North Valley Magazine's Reader's Choice Best BBQ for 2010 and 2011

Members: