AZ Barbeque.com

Lovejoy's KansAZ BBQ

Discussion started on

azkitch

Well, no one has eaten there lately...I went by today, and they've recently closed up shop.
And there's different BBQ restaurant opening off of Pinnacle Peak and 19th Avenue shortly.
#1 - October 11, 2011, 02:25:38 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

jmcrig

Well, no one has eaten there lately...I went by today, and they've recently closed up shop.
And there's different BBQ restaurant opening off of Pinnacle Peak and 19th Avenue shortly.

There was nothing about Kansas City there. Their food sucked. ;D
#2 - October 11, 2011, 03:16:54 pm

smitty250

He has been trying to sell for a long time now. I actually put in an offer on the place mid last year. He was selling way too high for what his annual revenue was so I low balled him. He counter offered me back basically slightly lower and without his recipes. I didn't care about the recipes but I was using them as a bargaining chip so I re-countered. I knew I wasn't going to get anywhere with him - Sometimes Pride gets in the way of a smart business decision!!
#3 - October 11, 2011, 03:23:23 pm
Loot N' Booty BBQ
2014 American Royal Invitational Chicken Champion
2014 American Royal Open Reserve Grand Champion
2016 Jack Daniels Invitational World Pork Champion
2014, 2015 and 2016 AZ BBQ Team of the Year

Mark

I went there years ago and the only BBQ they had at that time of day was smoked turkey drumsticks. I gnawed down a drumstick, nothing to write home about, and hadn't been back.
#4 - October 11, 2011, 08:26:51 pm
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

Members: