AZ Barbeque.com

SmokeyBones, Peachtree City, GA

Discussion started on

azkitch

I've been gone for nearly 3 weeks now. I thought I was going to freeze Tuesday night in Atlanta! I went to Smokey Bones twice, and I took some pics the first trip. When I get home--FINALLY--I'll post a review and my photos.
I managed to eat the last 4 nights at a sushi/teppanyaki place called NIKKO'S. I have satisfied my cravings for sushi for now...
dk

4/11 The Smokey Bones pulled pork/baby back ribs combo in a semi-devoured state:

[attachment deleted by admin]
#1 - April 09, 2009, 04:58:42 am
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 08:36:17 am by azkitch »
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

KidCurry

Never been to a smokey bones.  They use a lot of our stuff in the restaurants as far as audio goes.
Did that Smokey Bones have an audio system/speaker deal at each table?
#2 - April 09, 2009, 08:41:56 am
KidCurry@AZBarbeque.com
KCBS CBJ
Mike boils his ribs....pass it on.

azkitch

Some sort of control to allow the TV sound w/choice of either TVs or channels. I didn't play with it, so I'm not sure just what it did. And I think it was only at the booths. I didn't notice one at the table. I was pretty impressed with the food. Second time around the smoke was a bit too strong on the pulled pork, but the ribs both times were wonderful. We had eaten at a Longhorns the night B4 Smokey Bones the first time, and their BB ribs were "fall off the bone" tender. Pork mush. Yuk!
I still haven't extracted the photos from the camera!

Good luck to ya tomorrow at Famous Daves, KC!
That goes for all of you. Have a great time--wish I could be there!
#3 - April 10, 2009, 09:22:05 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

azkitch

I checked the Smokey Bones locater map, and they are only east coast. Only to the Mississippi. If anybody cares...
dk
#4 - April 11, 2009, 08:38:14 am
CBJ # 53779

Members: