AZ Barbeque.com

Restaurant 28

Discussion started on

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Restaurant 28 was our second and final stop on this year's 3rd Annual AZBarbeque BBQ Crawl/Social and what a great place they have there.

5025 W Olive Avenue
Glendale, AZ 85302
http://www.restaurant28bbq.com/index.html

They have a great sized Restaurant with plenty of seating and lots of memoribilia on the walls.  George, his family and his staff were very hospitible.  It was a very friendly experience and you can tell that they have a great passion for what they do.  It's great to see places like that as you know there is a lot of love in addition to the sweat and tears that go into running such a place.

I order one of their combo platters that consisted of their Fried Catfish, Fried Chicken, BBQ Pork, BBQ Brisket, BBQ  Beans and French Fries.  When it arrived, I certianly knew that my eyes were bigger than my stomach and that's saying something.  There was a lot of food on this platter.  The Fried Catfish was incredible, some of the best I had ever had.  Great flavor and it tasted very fresh.  The Fried Chicken was great with their spicy sauce, great breading and great flavor, I could eat that all day.  The Pork I tried with their North Carolina sauce and although I don't eat North Carolina Style BBQ Often, I was pleased at how flavorful and moist it was.  The Brisket was a bit on the dry side, but it too was very flavorful and tasty.  I truly enjoyed this meal and the entire experience.

George has a great story on how he came up with the name and I highly recommend you check out his web site and the Restaurant to hear the story.

Everyone we met there was great, and we Highly Recommend this Restaurant to everyone.  If you love North Carolina Style BBQ or Soul food, then this is a Must Eat Restaurant.  The ambience and the food were fantastic.

Great Job!!  ;)
#1 - June 21, 2008, 03:43:28 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Members: