AZ Barbeque.com

Q to U in anthem

Discussion started on

toys4dlr

I stopped in on Friday evening for dinner and talked with Karyn while there. And now after reading these latest posts I am confused.

Karyn told me she was the boss and that she has Dave come in on Monday to help clean the smoker and clean up around the kitchen. And that she takes care of everything else.

Don't forget the trash, I'm in charge of that.

As for the rub and the sauce, it was a lot of trial and error to get to the end result for both of them.  But they were both our creations.     
#76 - June 20, 2011, 03:43:39 pm
Toys 4 BBQ'N
Competition BBQ Team - Anthem, Arizona

Comfort is King with our team

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ
North Valley Magazine's Reader's Choice Best BBQ for 2010 and 2011

Laveen-BBQ

6 pages on a BB@ place I have never heard of much less been to  :'(.  I am embarrased.  I know where I am going for a long lunch someday.
#77 - July 23, 2011, 06:13:23 pm

toys4dlr

Hey Kenny, Pick Sunday, usually a lot of time to talk.  Don't pick Monday, as we are closed and that is my day off.

See you soon

David
#78 - July 23, 2011, 07:00:29 pm
Toys 4 BBQ'N

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ

Otis857

After reading the NUMEROUS posts on how good the food is, the wife and I stopped in Friday evening on our way to the high country. What can I say other than you guys nailed it! Dave and Karen really know their sh!t and cook some fine Q. I had the chicken and briskit combo, and Mrs Otis had a pulled chicken sandwich.The briskit was fork tender and had an incredible flavor. The chicken is excellent too. I only wish I lived closer to spend some more time there.

Dave spent some time talking to us and gave me some good pointers to up my back yard BBQ game. Its really nice to see that. And if I can get my own BBQ up to the quality of Dave & Karen's chow, I'll be a happy camper. Highly Reccomended!!!
#79 - July 26, 2011, 05:42:13 am
Mike
Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most.

toys4dlr

Thanks for stopping by, it was great to meet you.  As I told you, hold onto the wallet, as the hobby of BBQ gets fun and expensive when you get into it.   ;D

David
#80 - July 26, 2011, 09:54:38 am
Toys 4 BBQ'N

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ

NOVYQUE

I read all the positive posts and told myself that I needed to try this place out.  On my way back from training camp in Flagstaff, I stopped in.  Started off trying their fried Mac and Cheese.  That was really good.  But I wasn't done...you can't go into a BBQ place and not try their Q.  Ordered up a pulled pork sandwich.  That too was really good.  Karyn brought out a small sample of their brisket for me to try and oh my...that was delicious!  I am going back up the mountain to camp again later this week.  I am planning on stopping in at Q to U again on my way back.  They really know how to do BBQ.  The only thing that can make this place better...open a location in the East Valley (I know I am dreaming, but it is a good dream).  Thanks again David and Karyn.  You all are great!  Looking forward to talking to you again next weekend.
#81 - July 30, 2011, 09:01:52 pm
Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5"
Weber Smokey Mountain 22.5"
Chandler, AZ

BCS CBJ

toys4dlr

HeyJames,

no problem,  thanks for stopping by. the best thing we can get is a quarterback, what do you think can an eagle fly in AZ??   ;D

See you soon, you too Josh.  I hope you played well at victory lane

David
#82 - July 30, 2011, 11:17:25 pm
Toys 4 BBQ'N

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ

grizmt

I'm glad to see so many are in agreement on the food, biggest judges tent I've ever seen! I've got to say please,please don't ever open another location or expand. We've found every single time a successful restaurant expands or opens multiple locations the food quality changes and tends to go to cr@p by getting "generic" and losing that special touch.
Please,please,please keep it small, keep it personal and keep your hands ON the product you do a great job!!!
#83 - July 31, 2011, 06:14:37 am

NOVYQUE

grizmt,

I don't think you have anything to worry about.  In talking to Dave and Karyn, they are very happy right where they are with no plans to do anything different or expand.

Dave,

I will get a chance to watch our new QB in Flag Thursday and Friday.  I will stop in Saturday on my way home and give you all an update as to whether Eagles can fly in AZ :-)

See you all in a few days!
#84 - July 31, 2011, 12:09:28 pm
Chandler, AZ

BCS CBJ

NOVYQUE

Stopped in at Q to U again yesterday afternoon on my way home from Flagstaff (training camp).  This time, had a combo plate with ribs and brisket.  Both meats were extremely good.  I just have chicken left to try on the BBQ meat side.  I can only imagine that it is as good as the rest has been.  I did get an order of the Bread Pudding to go.  Took it home and nuked it in the microwave for about 45 seconds or so.  Heated the caramel up too and the poured it over.  WOW!!!!  That was some of the best bread pudding I have had in a long time.  Thanks Karyn!  I hope to swing by again soon and that will definitely be on my order again.
#85 - August 07, 2011, 01:03:01 pm
Chandler, AZ

BCS CBJ

bucaguy

I stopped in yesterday  with the wife.. The food was amazing again as is the norm up there.. The Brisket was REally good
#86 - August 07, 2011, 03:09:03 pm
Owner of Sin Bin BBQ and Member of Fat Man Que bbq team
Just some big heavy offset right now.

toys4dlr

Thanks guys for coming in.  I had Sat off, as I took our boys to the D Back's game.  Too bad their bats did not show up.
#87 - August 07, 2011, 09:05:27 pm
Toys 4 BBQ'N

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ

bucaguy

Thanks guys for coming in.  I had Sat off, as I took our boys to the D Back's game.  Too bad their bats did not show up.

They said you were at the car dealership.. Boy do you have them trained well ;D
#88 - August 08, 2011, 05:47:17 am
Owner of Sin Bin BBQ and Member of Fat Man Que bbq team
Just some big heavy offset right now.

toys4dlr

I was at the car dealership, as the mighty prius had a melt down.  once I got it back, I had to go to the D Back's game.   ;D
#89 - August 08, 2011, 08:28:25 am
Toys 4 BBQ'N

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ

BERNIETHEK

Stopped by with Tom (Whiskey Ranch) on Saturday, right before I judged at Rock Springs Cafe, first time there and really impressed with the place.  Had a taste of their, artery killer, Hawg Dawg.  A dog stuffed with cheese, wrapped in bacon and deep fried.  WOW a lot of flavor.  The place is just to far to go there often but will be back. Nice place and people hpe they make it....
#90 - August 08, 2011, 11:16:14 am
BERNIE

Members: