AZ Barbeque.com

Q to U in anthem

Discussion started on

Crash

I have stopped there at least 10 times on my trips home from Phx and have yet to see David there! 

The truth comes out!!  Come to think of it, the one time I went there David wasnt there either.   ;) :D
#61 - March 02, 2011, 11:26:11 pm
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

AzJohnnyC

Well, David...I'm not stopping again if you're not there.  Keep your schedule posted, it's not worth the trip unless you and Karyn are both there to greet me.  Ha.  Seriously though...great job you're doing!
#62 - March 03, 2011, 07:20:21 pm
Whiskey Business BBQ
WWW.Facebook.com/whiskeybusinessbbq

Weber 22-1/2 Silver
Twin Pro Q Excel 20s
Lang 84 Deluxe

Cornbred

It's a good thing if the boss man doesn't have to be there every minute of being open ;) Can't wait to try it!
#63 - March 03, 2011, 07:50:50 pm

AzJohnnyC

It's a good thing if the boss man doesn't have to be there every minute of being open ;) Can't wait to try it!

Come to think of it, I ate at a pita place in Flagstaff and the boss man there was nowhere to be found.  Strange.
#64 - March 03, 2011, 08:09:39 pm
Whiskey Business BBQ
WWW.Facebook.com/whiskeybusinessbbq

Weber 22-1/2 Silver
Twin Pro Q Excel 20s
Lang 84 Deluxe

Cornbred

:D
#65 - March 06, 2011, 09:48:38 pm

toys4dlr

MMMM, Pita's.  That sounds good. 

#66 - March 07, 2011, 08:00:26 am
Toys 4 BBQ'N
Competition BBQ Team - Anthem, Arizona

Comfort is King with our team

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ
North Valley Magazine's Reader's Choice Best BBQ for 2010 and 2011

mustang

MMMM, Pita's.  That sounds good.  

Hey David, I think you should add "pulled pork pita's" to your menu choices ... you could call them Triple P's.  

Or if you named them "popular pulled pork pita's" they could be shown as Quad P's on your menu!
#67 - March 07, 2011, 10:57:20 am

Mark

#68 - March 07, 2011, 12:07:26 pm
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

Corvidae

I am not really good at reviewing food.  I'll just say my co-worker and I drove three hours (1.5 hours each way) to try Q to U and were extremely happy we made the trip.  We ordered the "Unbutton Your Pants" so we could try a little bit of all the main meats.  There was not one bad thing that was served to us, not even one "average" thing.

My biggest surprise was the chicken thighs and wings.  I don't like chicken.  I've rarely found any that I'll eat.  This was different.  They were tender, moist, smokey and fall off the bone.

I had the baked beans and fries.  The fries were a surprise because they used the rub on them instead of just a season salt.  The baked beans were nicely done too.

We were the only ones dining in at the time, though there were people in and out picking up orders.  David was very social and appreciative of our visit.  Everyone was a bit surprised when we wanted to order the $50 platter for two to dine in but were very friendly. 

I'll definitely be returning, perhaps not as much as I'd like due to the distance, but I am won over.  I wish David the best of luck for his business.
#69 - June 19, 2011, 07:43:18 pm

toys4dlr

Thanks Anthony,

I am glad you guys enjoyed the meal and thanks for coming all the way to Anthem.  See guys I do work there, as Sunday's is Karyn's day off.   ;D

Hope to you guys again.

David

#70 - June 19, 2011, 07:54:46 pm
Toys 4 BBQ'N

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ

Mrs. McFrankenboo

Dave and Karyn are always there, they just hide when certain people are around  >:D  Seriously though, the food, help and service is great there and we miss it already!!  Can you ship a Hawg Dawg?!?!?
#71 - June 19, 2011, 08:39:17 pm

toys4dlr

Hey Erin,

I will work on shipping the Hawg Dawg.  We will put on the tornado express.   ;D  Hope the weather gets better.

David
#72 - June 20, 2011, 08:38:26 am
Toys 4 BBQ'N

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ

azcharlie

I stopped in on Friday evening for dinner and talked with Karyn while there. And now after reading these latest posts I am confused.

Karyn told me she was the boss and that she has Dave come in on Monday to help clean the smoker and clean up around the kitchen. And that she takes care of everything else.
#73 - June 20, 2011, 11:32:22 am

Rob P

I really loved their rub. I spoke wth the owners a while back when i first went there and i believe they told me they had been given the recipe by someone on this board but wouldnt give any additional details...

i'd give a right arm to know that recipe :)
#74 - June 20, 2011, 01:01:09 pm

bucaguy

I really loved their rub. I spoke wth the owners a while back when i first went there and i believe they told me they had been given the recipe by someone on this board but wouldnt give any additional details...

i'd give a right arm to know that recipe :)

I think they gave up the left arm to get it
#75 - June 20, 2011, 01:35:14 pm
Owner of Sin Bin BBQ and Member of Fat Man Que bbq team
Just some big heavy offset right now.

Members: