AZ Barbeque.com

New West side restaurant--Naked BBQ

Discussion started on

azkitch

Who is behind this one?
#1 - January 22, 2015, 06:02:45 am
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

Yeller

Dunno, opened on the 21st and Yelpers liked it. Nice website but camera shy I guess
#2 - January 22, 2015, 06:55:08 am
Classy Q BBQ - Retired

KCBS CBJ
Kamado x2
Weber 22/18
Weber Baby Q

"why are we in this handbasket and where are we going?"

Anthony

Just saw it on Yelp.  Don't see their hours of operation anywhere though.  Really want to give it a shot.
#3 - January 23, 2015, 04:37:54 pm

azkitch

I swung by there and said HI...he was closed and chopping some pork. Place smelled wonderful, and he has a Southern Pride in there. It's directly behind an Indian restaurant, just to the west of a Caramba's.
#4 - January 24, 2015, 07:23:28 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

akurasch

Great stuff.  The owner's name is Oren and he has a real passion for BBQ.  He is open weekdays only and opens 11:00 until the meat is gone.  I had a little taste of everything and it all ranged from very good to excellent.  I was fortunate to show up on a Tuesday and had a taste of the Tuesday special Tri-tip which was probably my favorite of all of the offerings.  Turkey and chicken were spot on.  Ribs and pulled pork were both very good, but as he tinkers with the recipe just a hint more smoke and sweetness and they could be off the charts in no time.  I had burnt ends from two different briskets.  One was near perfect while the other was very good, but just needed a little more punch of flavor.  The sausage was very tasty with a nice little kick without being too powerful.

Highly recommend my BBQ brethren give this place a try!
#5 - January 27, 2015, 02:21:45 pm

akurasch

Went back and Oren tinkered with the recipe for the ribs. Wow. My new favorite item on the menu.
#6 - February 03, 2015, 10:25:38 pm

motzauce

Im a Tucson guy, visited my brother and found this place on yelp.  ordered everything and I can say Oren has got a good thing going, highly recommend it
#7 - February 26, 2015, 07:14:53 pm

Yeller

I stopped in yesterday morning and said hi to Oren, seems like he got it together super nice guy too.
#8 - March 13, 2015, 06:15:28 am
Classy Q BBQ - Retired

KCBS CBJ
Kamado x2
Weber 22/18
Weber Baby Q

"why are we in this handbasket and where are we going?"

Mark

I had lunch with a Texas buddy today who highly recommended this place for their brisket. Oren is a very hospitable guy and took good care of us. The name means that their meat needs no sauce and I agree, although they offer several kinds from a Carolina mustard to a vinegar sauce, as well as spicy and sweet versions. I had a chopped brisket sandwich and beans, both of which were delicious. At the time, Orene was pulling a butt using a couple of shoulder blades to do the job. Never had seen that done before, but a very serviceable tool! I sampled a rib that was competition quality with just the right bite-through and retraction on the bone. Nicely moist turkey breast, too.  All tasty across the board. Naked BBQ is located right behind LaMar's Doughnuts on the north side of Bell, just east of I-17. Definitely recommend this place. :P

http://www.thenakedbbq.com/

#9 - April 08, 2015, 07:03:47 pm
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

azkitch

Great to hear!
#10 - May 29, 2015, 08:09:54 pm
CBJ # 53779

Members: