AZ Barbeque.com

Mr K's BBQ in Tuscon

Discussion started on

DaSwede

Me and my wife took a trip to Tuscon last weekend and checked out the Titan Missile Museum, a truly awesome experience...
Before we went back to Phoenix we decided to swing by Mr K's BBQ in Tuscon. It is a hole in the wall that was started by Charles Kendrick. It is featured in the book "Killer Ribs" (the only bbq place featured in the book in Arizona except Joe's in Gilbert). He started the place to support the Afro-american heritage museum he runs next door. More a collection of stuff maybe, than a museum :-)
Great Texas style bbq, great taste, peppery sauce and good service. We had the brisket, pork ribs and pulled pork. All in all - a great experience

DaSwede
#1 - September 24, 2009, 06:27:17 pm

AzQer

Mr. K's is one of the better BBQ places here in Tucson
#2 - September 24, 2009, 07:39:21 pm
Mark Smith
Southern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
MarkSmith@AZBarbeque.com

azkitch

Nice review on a place I'd never heard of. Thanks for opening some eyes! I like going down to Tucson, but it's few and far between. I should start doing that on a semi regular basis.
#3 - September 24, 2009, 09:07:24 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

Mike P in Tucson

Mr. K's was one of the places we visited on our BBQ joint crawls.  Good Q.  Did you have any of the coleslaw?  Most unusual I have ever had.  I guess I'm just not used to cinnamon in my coleslaw.  But it does grow on you.
#4 - September 25, 2009, 08:51:29 am
all time series records with asu (as of 12/1/2012)

football: 47-38-1 arizona
basketball: 142-80 arizona
baseball: 237-203-1 arizona

DaSwede

Yup, had some of the slaw, and you are right, unusual but pretty good. The staff was also very friendly!!
DaSwede
#5 - September 25, 2009, 05:07:16 pm

Members: