AZ Barbeque.com

Memphis Best BBQ Closing

Discussion started on

azcharlie

I stopped by the Buckeye location on Tue. There was a sign on the door saying that they are going to change their hours starting in July. They will only be open three days a week (Thur. Fri. & Sat.) The place will be closed the rest of the week. They are going to consentrate on catering the other days of the week.

They said the Laveen location will stay with their old hours for now.
#1 - May 20, 2010, 09:16:45 pm

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Bum Deal... It's a tough business out there.  That's why I am surprised more of them don't advertise on here and try to really make a go at it.

Seems a BBQ Specific club with over 1900 registered members & over 3 million impressions per month would be a great place to promote your business.

Never can understand why business' don't see the big picture..

Not that this was the reason, but why not give you business every chance you can..

OK, off my soapbox...  :'(
#2 - May 20, 2010, 09:38:33 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Crash

Makes sense....Kind of a tough location for a restaurant in a newly, developing city.  From what I've heard, they do have a good catering thing going for them so ya really cant blame Darryl for making the decision that he did.

#3 - May 20, 2010, 10:12:11 pm
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

AZSmoke

Sad to hear, I went by a couple weekends back and it was closed up, wasn't sure if they were still in business.  I think the location is worst thing going for them, it's on the orginal mainstreet of Buckeye, which is off the beaten path of the majority of the new development.  If they had a location in the strip mall off of Watson, I think they could probably do 3-4 times the business, but I don't know if that would offset the cost of the rent/building.  I'm glad to hear they are still going to be open on the weekends though.  I also agree they could do more on the advertising side, provided that's what they want to do.
#4 - May 21, 2010, 10:24:54 am

jimmy48

Can someone tell where to find it?

Thanks,

Jimmy48
#5 - May 25, 2010, 04:43:17 pm

AzScott

That's never good news.  I work about 2 miles away and I never tried it.  The last bbq place, Shaky Jakes, was great the first week and went downhill after that.  Memphis Best didn't have a chance following the prior place since the locations bbq impression had already been made.. 
#6 - May 26, 2010, 10:26:37 am
14' R&O offset
FEC 100
3 L BGE's
1 Mini BGE

Competing since July 2010

AZSmoke

Jimmy,

The buckeye location is at 608 E. MONROE AVE BUCKEYE, AZ 85326, the main drag of Buckey, it's next to one of those dollar stores.
#7 - May 26, 2010, 12:29:03 pm

Members: