AZ Barbeque.com

Jack Daniel's launches line of meat entrees

Discussion started on

Mark

Jack Daniel's launches line of meat entrees

Source: Business First of Louisville

Wednesday, September 16, 2009, 11:58am EDT

Jack Daniel's Properties Inc., the brand licensing unit of Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey, is launching a line of Jack Daniel's ready-to-eat meat entrees available at grocery and club stores.

The foods, which are being produced by Monticello, Calif.-based Completely Fresh Foods Inc., include baby back ribs, roasted beef brisket, pork loin, barbecue pulled pork and barbecue pulled chicken. They will be made using Jack Daniel's Old No. 7 Tennessee Whiskey.

"With the launch of this premium line of Jack Daniel's ready-to-eat meat entrees, we are furthering the long-established connection between Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey and high-quality American cuisine," David Dorsey, vice president and director for licensing at Louisville-based Brown-Forman Corp., said in a news release.

The entrees were test marketed in September 2008 in Southern California and have been expanded into grocery stores across the country, including Albertsons, Kroger, Supervalu and select Costco locations.

The Jack Daniel Distillery in Lynchburg, Tenn., is owned by Brown-Forman (NYSE: BFB).

#1 - September 17, 2009, 07:49:59 pm
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

RobOConnell

Oh yeah!!! This sounds great.
#2 - September 17, 2009, 07:53:57 pm
UDS (love it most)
Pro Q
Brinkmans Smoke n Grill (now belongs to my daughter)

Mark

Wouldn't it be fun to see how it would score in a contest with full knowledge of the event organizers but no knowledge by the judges?  ^-^
#3 - September 17, 2009, 08:02:53 pm
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

Mike (AZBarbeque)

That would be funny...
#4 - September 17, 2009, 08:08:55 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

force

I think I've seen those.....
#5 - September 17, 2009, 09:06:41 pm
Huge Fan of Mike (AZBarbeque)... He's My Hero..

Members: