AZ Barbeque.com

Hawaiian BBQ

Discussion started on

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Bear, 

I was thinking about you today, I drove past a new Hawaiian BBQ resturant in Goodyear.  I wish I had time to stop and try out some of their menu items so I could give you some feedback, but I will make it a priority to get back there soon and do that.

Maybe when you get back in town, we can meet up there for lunch one day and you can tell me how it compares to the authentic Hawaiian BBQ you have been cooking.

Has anyone else eaten there or seen it? 

What other local BBQ resturants have you recently visited??
#1 - February 22, 2006, 08:40:01 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

bearbonez

Sounds good Sun Devil, I will take you up on that. Curious if it is hawaiian food or hawaiian plate lunch. Generally, BBQ in Hawaii means asian influenced local food cooked on a flat steel grill. Things like mahi mahi, teriyaki chicken or steak, katsu, kalbi ribs etc. All comes with rice and mac salad. I don't what part of the valley it is in, but I know there is a place called Ono Hawaiian which is an OLD local hawaiian food joint. They have things like kalua pig, chicken long rice, poi, lau lau, lomi lomi salmon and such. But why not meet up on two occasions and try both? I know we will have a longing for some hawaiian food after we move. As we say here. Ho brah, dem da ono grindz. Broke da mouth!!!
#2 - February 22, 2006, 08:48:33 pm
David "Bear" Nunley

Mike (AZBarbeque)

So, let me get this right, squirrel is authentic KC way???  ???

Just curious.  It wasn't bad, just didn't think that was authentic, but I could be wrong.
#3 - March 02, 2006, 11:20:39 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

bearbonez

Galgoz, What did they have on the menu? And yes Hawaii BBQ is not BBQ. Even the grills at the park is all teri burgers, kalbi, fish, and portagee sausage direct grilled. The closest thing would be huli huli chicken I guess.
#4 - March 03, 2006, 01:11:43 am
David "Bear" Nunley

Members: