AZ Barbeque.com

Eat At Joe's in Wikieup

Discussion started on

azcolt45

I had to go to Vegas last week for a convention.on the trip I had the great pleasure of Eating at Joes BBQ in Wikieup. 
I had a pulled pork sandwich that was great. Nice and moist and tender. this sandwich needed no sauce to be good, but when I did add sauce it only got better.  I had white beans with brisket as a side. could have made a meal out of just eating them. You get 2 sides with the sandwich, next time they will both be the beans.
After I ate, Joe took me out back to show me his smoker, Way Kool. A rotisserie about the size of a small house, all mesquite fired.
Good food and a warm welcome made for a great stop for lunch.

Colt
#1 - February 09, 2009, 12:21:42 am
Trailer mounted Custom offset stick burner
XL BIG GREEN EGG
BIG Stainless Gasser
5' Square fire pit w/grates 
Commercial WOK
KCBS CBJ #53767

Beauty is in the eye of the "beer holder"

desertdog

AND they serve PBR!  :)

#2 - February 09, 2009, 08:16:36 am
Pitmaster for Ship of Fools, er...Major Woody's BBQ Team
Beer Ambassador -currently doing research in assorted Bavarian Villages

bbqjoe

I enjoyed meeting you Colt. Sorry I couldn't visit longer on your second stop.

Thanks for the flowers!
#3 - February 09, 2009, 05:20:36 pm
Anything worth shooting once.........is worth shooting a bunch of times.

www.eatatjoesbarbecue.com

azcolt45

No problem Joe, enjoyed the second lunch as well

Colt
#4 - February 10, 2009, 12:48:04 am
Trailer mounted Custom offset stick burner
XL BIG GREEN EGG
BIG Stainless Gasser
5' Square fire pit w/grates 
Commercial WOK
KCBS CBJ #53767

Beauty is in the eye of the "beer holder"

azchoctaw1

Hey Colt,
Just the first week of April, I ate at Joe's finally. I was goin to do take out and I am glad I did not. It would have been a messy ride.
I had the Beef sandwich and it was great. Saw the ribs on another order and I will not eat for two days before having those.
Azchoctaw1
#5 - April 19, 2009, 10:31:44 am
Middle name "Elijah" means "God of Fire" that is why I BBQ!!!!!!

azchoctaw1

Well I will have to go up again and have PBR (does that stand for Professional Bull Riders?).
Azchoctaw1
#6 - April 19, 2009, 10:35:03 am
Middle name "Elijah" means "God of Fire" that is why I BBQ!!!!!!

Crash

I stopped in today on my way home from Vegas.  Restaurant was very nice and had a down-home feel to it.  Joe was nice enough to take me out back to see the smoker and his very excited dog.  Sweet smoker, dog was kind of wound up though.

I grabbed a rack of ribs to take home to the family.  I was very pleased that they iced them down for me as I continued home to the Valley.  The ribs were excellent but I haven't had a chance to get to the two sides that I picked up.

Great place Joe, thanks for your hospitality.
#7 - April 19, 2009, 10:00:15 pm
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

ddog27

We are heading to Vegas in May, I am going to have to make a stop here!
#8 - April 20, 2009, 04:09:15 pm
Darin "D-Dog" Hearn
Eastern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
DDog@AZBarbeque.com

D-dog's BBQ Rubs,
So good they're better than Ketchup!
http://ddogsbbq.com

http://www.myspace.com/ddogsbbq

desertdog

Always a stop I make when I head to Vegas. PBR and a PP sandwich, side of beans and slaw.  Will stop off on the way to Best Dam this year!
#9 - April 20, 2009, 08:17:21 pm
Pitmaster for Ship of Fools, er...Major Woody's BBQ Team
Beer Ambassador -currently doing research in assorted Bavarian Villages

azkitch

Always a stop I make when I head to Vegas. PBR and a PP sandwich, side of beans and slaw.  Will stop off on the way to Best Dam this year!
MS150? Or a cookoff? or yes?
#10 - April 21, 2009, 09:16:23 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

SmoknAZ

Hey just had to say I stopped at Eat At Joe's in Wikieup and the food and service was great! :P I ate the #10 which is a combo of pulled pork and brisket on a bun. The two sides I chose was the baked and white beans. Both delicious. I was on my way home from St George and pretty much ate and ran but wanted to say thanks Joe everything was great. I have driven by that place I don't know how many times and now I guess I will just have to plan my trips so I can stop a stay awhile next time.
Sorry Dean no PBR for me since I was still working, but the hotel I stayed at in Midvale, UT was giving it away for managers reception. I didn't drink it then either. No PBR for me in about 35 years.
#11 - November 05, 2009, 07:31:48 pm
You can't drink all day if you don't start early.

bbqjoe

Hey just had to say I stopped at Eat At Joe's in Wikieup and the food and service was great! :P I ate the #10 which is a combo of pulled pork and brisket on a bun. The two sides I chose was the baked and white beans. Both delicious. I was on my way home from St George and pretty much ate and ran but wanted to say thanks Joe everything was great. I have driven by that place I don't know how many times and now I guess I will just have to plan my trips so I can stop a stay awhile next time.
Sorry Dean no PBR for me since I was still working, but the hotel I stayed at in Midvale, UT was giving it away for managers reception. I didn't drink it then either. No PBR for me in about 35 years.
Nice meeting ya! yeah, hope you can stay longer next time.
Thanks for the good words.
#12 - November 08, 2009, 02:41:31 pm
Anything worth shooting once.........is worth shooting a bunch of times.

www.eatatjoesbarbecue.com

Mark

PBR and a PP sandwich, side of beans and slaw.
I've never had a PP sandwich. Although I've been to a few places that seemed to serve PooPoo sandwiches.  ::)
#13 - November 08, 2009, 05:40:17 pm
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

Members: