AZ Barbeque.com

Dillon's Restaurant

Discussion started on

desertdog

Had lunch here today, and have to say I was impressed! 

Turns out that the owner of Dillion's (Rich) worked at Houston's restaurant back in KC when I did!  He knew my brother much better, as they worked in the kitchen together, whereas I was only a lowly Bartender.

Rich moved on from Houston's to BBQ joints in the KC area, learning the fine art of Low and Slow.  He now runs 3 Dillon's Restaurants in the Phoenix area as well as a catering business.

I had some excellent onion rings (with a side of Ancho Sauce) as an appetizer, then a brisket sandwich (got the sauce on the side) and some cole slaw.  The brisket was pull apart tender and sufficiently moist, and used the hot bbq sauce on the side as a dipper.  Cole Slaw was also good, not dripping creamy and just the right tang.  Washed it all down with a cold beer and life was good!

I am really looking forward to going back for dinner sometime soon to try his ribs, I'll be sure to grab my brother, as he hasn't seen Rich in 20 some odd years!

I did tell him about AZ Barbeque and he seemed really interested in getting involved with competitions, so I have sent him the link to this site and AZBBQA site.  I know Mike, next time I'll ask him if he is interested in advertizing on the site! ;D

Check out the menu, he really has some interesting plates, some I recognize from my KC days... www.dillionsrestaurant.com

Dean
#1 - July 16, 2008, 06:02:44 pm
Pitmaster for Ship of Fools, er...Major Woody's BBQ Team
Beer Ambassador -currently doing research in assorted Bavarian Villages

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Awesome Dean, sounds like a great place.  I have been wanting to get over there myself.  I will have to make a point of it soon.
#2 - July 16, 2008, 06:26:44 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Members: