AZ Barbeque.com

Kitchen Nightmares: BBQ

Discussion started on

Mark

Should be interested to see how Gordon Ramsey helps a BBQ joint. >:(
Hey. Mebbe it's Jack's Old South and the audio for the entire show will be one long beep. :D

http://realitytvmagazine.sheknows.com/2012/01/13/kitchen-nightmares-recap-season-premiere/
#1 - January 14, 2012, 08:08:02 am
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

route66

Anyone watch this? I thought about it a day late and guess I did not miss anything. A British Chef teaching Texas BBQ has me  scratching my head...
#2 - January 15, 2012, 10:15:46 pm

Atlas

I watched it.  Ramsey stuck with whet he knows best and brought in a pitmaster to fill in the voids.  I thought it turned out pretty well, I would give the place a try if I were anywhere near there.

Anyone catch the latest episode of cupcake wars?
#3 - January 15, 2012, 10:23:13 pm
Fire Magic Charcoal Grill, ECB, NBBD with 20 Lb tuning plate, Pro Q Frontier.

Crash

I watched it.  The only thing I took away from it was how awesome their smokers were.  Glorious pellet cookers.
#4 - January 16, 2012, 02:24:32 am
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

Mike P in Tucson

I watched, too.  I was amazed that the woman "running" the restaurant served day (or more) old, microwaved, food while, at the same time they had their smoker loaded with stuff ready to serve.

Ramsey didn't bring in a pitmaster.  He brought in someone to show them how to run the kitchen.  The guy running the smokers was doing fine.  But in the kitchen they were just reheating old food and everything else (sides) was pre-made in big batches.  Management was just totally ignorant about how to do things.

Best line in the show was when Ramsey asked if they had potato salad.  The waitress said they didn't have it because the guys in the kitchen didn't like to peel potatoes. :D
#5 - January 16, 2012, 10:33:53 am
all time series records with asu (as of 12/1/2012)

football: 47-38-1 arizona
basketball: 142-80 arizona
baseball: 237-203-1 arizona

Bam Bam

LOL! I watched it and thought it was hilarious. When Gordon was meeting the cooks for the first time he asked one of them "what do you do here"? His response: "I smokes da meats"!  :laugh: :laugh:
#6 - January 16, 2012, 01:50:59 pm
Cooking on 2 WSM's 22.5's W/BBQ Guru DigiQ

Members: