AZ Barbeque.com

Bryan's Black Mountain BBQ

Discussion started on

Mike (AZBarbeque)

I finally had the chance to get out there and enjoy Bryan's Restaurant.

Great place.  It's in a small, cozy strip mall, but great western atmosphere.

When you walk in, the decorations and ambience are incredible.  They put some great detail into them.

This is a counter service BBQ Restaurant, meaning that you order up at the counter instead of having wait staff come to your table.

I ordered up the Ribs & 1 Meat plate with Brisket & Fries.  Bryan was actually in the back, working the line himself.  I was able to say, "Hello" and introduce myself, but he was so busy we didn't get to talk.  I think it was his wife that was working the line with him.  They were moving.

The entire hour I was there, it was like a revolving door, they were consistently busy, never a slow moment.

We sat at the large table they had in the middle and had some great folks join us, so it was not only a great atmosphere, but also a very friendly one.  Exactly what BBQ should be.

The Ribs & Brisket were very good, great smokey flavor and tender.  My wife & my mom joined me, they ordered the two meat meal of Brisket & Chicken, so I was able to try some of the Chicken as well.  Very tasty and tender.

They didn't have any Tri Tip or Appetizers on the menu, hopefully they add some in the future, but the experience was outstanding and the food was certainly worth the drive.  They have a great location and I can see them being very successful there for a long time.

If you get a chance to head out there, go check them out.  Tell them you are a member of AZBarbeque...  ;)
#16 - August 25, 2009, 01:12:43 am
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

toys4dlr

Glad to see you had a good time Mike and sorry we missed you.  Karyn and I were there at 2:30 on the same day.

We Split the Brisket Sandwich, a side of the slaw and the Potato Salad.  The brisket was very good, moist with a nice smokey flavor.  Bryan serves it very lightly sauced and you can add more if you want.  The potato Salad was very good, I do like the Slaw, it is just different with the olives and I think it was the dill that stepped up the Potato Salad a notch. 

Bryan is a CIA trained chef that spent 13 plus years at a couple high end places in Town, so he has the cooking chops and a love for BBQ.   He remembered me by name, which was very nice touch, as it was only my second time in.

I really wish them the best of luck, but looking at Bryan I really think he is enjoying this place.

Go try it out and let him know that you are from AZbarbeque.
#17 - August 25, 2009, 08:08:14 am
Toys 4 BBQ'N
Competition BBQ Team - Anthem, Arizona

Comfort is King with our team

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ
North Valley Magazine's Reader's Choice Best BBQ for 2010 and 2011

HiredGun

I just saw yesterday in the October Edition of Phoenix Magazine that Bryan's was named as one of the top 10 Best New Restaurants for 2009.

Congrats on that!!!!!
#18 - September 18, 2009, 11:36:42 am

Members: