AZ Barbeque.com

BBQ joints on the move

Discussion started on

Mark

Reading through the paper's recent restaurant openings and closings, I see that Big Earl's BBQ in Scottsdale and Chubby Hubby's BBQ in Mesa have closed. Bubba Phatz BBQ in downtown Mesa has closed. Pig-N-Out...a sister restaurant of Waldo's has opened on north 7th St., another Tom's BBQ, as well as a couple of new food trucks, One Eighty Q...and Four Brothers SmokeHouse & Grill, have opened.

#1 - August 07, 2013, 01:42:58 pm
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 01:55:32 pm by Mark »
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

toys4dlr

Sucks about the ones that closed, some where very short lived.  Glad to hear about the new opening, I wish them the best.

Now, where do we place the second Q-To-U-BBQ???  8)
#2 - August 07, 2013, 05:40:41 pm
Toys 4 BBQ'N
Competition BBQ Team - Anthem, Arizona

Comfort is King with our team

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ
North Valley Magazine's Reader's Choice Best BBQ for 2010 and 2011

Mark

I'd look at north Scottsdale, downtown, north Central, or east Camelback corridor.
#3 - August 07, 2013, 09:35:26 pm
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

AzScott

It sucks seeing places close down but I'm thoroughly convinced that too many people think BBQ is easy. Hell, every competition team got their start by friends saying that their BBQ was the best they have ever had but I know how I learned that lesson really quick. I'll have to go check out the new food trucks soon.

My dream location is downtown Phoenix or midtown for a BBQ place but that's not going to happen in the near future. Someday.....  However, there may be another new BBQ place opening shortly.  :-X

Dave, the 2nd Q-To-U should go towards Bell and 51st or somewhere in that area. You would kill it out there.
#4 - August 07, 2013, 11:13:45 pm
14' R&O offset
FEC 100
3 L BGE's
1 Mini BGE

Competing since July 2010

AzScott

Mark, when are you expanding?
#5 - August 07, 2013, 11:14:51 pm
14' R&O offset
FEC 100
3 L BGE's
1 Mini BGE

Competing since July 2010

Mark

If we survive our first year I bet we'll look somewhere on the Camelback corridor. But I'm not the real estate or financial guy. Just the resident foodie.
#6 - August 07, 2013, 11:25:01 pm
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

Gizzy's Smokin Crew

We could use a good BBQ place in Surprise ;D
#7 - August 08, 2013, 09:56:13 am
Gizzy's Q'N Crew......"FANG" Tastic BBQ
Brinkman Pitmaster Deluxe
Weber Genesis Gas Grill

Members: