AZ Barbeque.com

Bad to the Bone

Discussion started on

desertdog

Dean always knows how to take care of me...even when he gives me tofu at x-mas followed with a bottle of whiskey

Always there for ya, Bubba. ;)

#31 - July 15, 2009, 10:37:11 pm
Pitmaster for Ship of Fools, er...Major Woody's BBQ Team
Beer Ambassador -currently doing research in assorted Bavarian Villages

LarryInAz

Hi folks - new to the forum and thought I'd add my .02 about my recent visit to Bad to the Bone.

For anyone interested in checking out this place and saving some money they have happy hour in the bar area everyday 3-7 and late nite after 9pm. As someone else mentioned earlier in this thread they offer a Sampler Platter [don't confuse this with the Works Appetizer which basically a deep fried sampler] Regular price $12.95 so the happy hour price was $6.50 and you do get alot of food for that amount of money.  O0

It comes with a St Louis rib, Baby Back rib, some sliced Brisket, a large amount of Pulled Pork and about a 1/3 of Tri-Pepper Sausage. The SL rib was rather tasteless but the BB was fairly meaty and flavorful. The Brisket was decent, I've had better but it was still rather tasty. IMHO the best things on the platter was the sausage and pulled pork.    8)
We also ordered a plate of sweet potato fries which were decent but my favorite place for SP Fries remains DeLux on 32nd St and Camelback (not a place for BBQ but they have excellent gazpacho, hamburgers and mmmm those sweet potato fries are great]

The bar area is quite large if you plan on going with friends and family...

Bone Apetit! [Sorry we just saw Julie and Julia, I couldn't resist]  ;)
#32 - August 11, 2009, 08:58:53 am
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 09:14:56 am by LarryInAz »

AzJohnnyC

I went there a couple of weeks ago on "business".  I rekeyed their locks for them.  I talked with the GM for a while about AZBBQ, hopefully he'll check it out and get on board.  When I was done, he gave me a small bowl of their pulled pork - not bad, and a rib - done just right.  Not falling off the bone, nor was it too hard to get off of the bone.  He agreed with the fact that BBQ ribs should be done that way.  He showed me around and I got to peek inside their smoker.  It's nice that they do real smoking right on site.

While I was there, I snapped a picture of their monster smoker.  You can see just how big it is when you compare it to the size of the brown door in the left edge of the picture.
#33 - September 13, 2009, 02:09:53 pm
Whiskey Business BBQ
WWW.Facebook.com/whiskeybusinessbbq

Weber 22-1/2 Silver
Twin Pro Q Excel 20s
Lang 84 Deluxe

RobOConnell

WOW!!! Thats big.
#34 - September 13, 2009, 03:28:33 pm
UDS (love it most)
Pro Q
Brinkmans Smoke n Grill (now belongs to my daughter)

Members: