AZ Barbeque.com

AzCentral's Best 2013

Discussion started on

Mark

WTF? Dillon's wins People's Choice. (There doesn't appear to be a Critic's Choice) Runners-up are Bobby Q, Bryan's Black Mountain Barbecue, Honey Bear's BBQ, Joe's Real BBQ, Luncha Libre, Pork on a Fork, QUP! BBQ, Tom's Thumb Fresh Market, Waldo's BBQ.

http://www.azcentral.com/best2013/article/readers-best-barbecue-dillons-restaurant
#1 - November 04, 2013, 02:06:39 pm
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

AzScott

Dillons doesn't surprise me. They have several locations, serve lot's of people and are mediocre. I've only eaten at their lake pleasant location and I only had a burger. Frozen bland patties aren't too impressive. Most of the "Best" lists are purely who can get the most of their social media followers to go vote. Luncha Libre isn't even BBQ so that runner up is a bit weird. Texas BBQ House, Rudy's and Q to U aren't even on the list. Boo.
#2 - November 04, 2013, 02:40:27 pm
14' R&O offset
FEC 100
3 L BGE's
1 Mini BGE

Competing since July 2010

toys4dlr

Thanks for the mention Scott, but I am in Anthem and everyone from those mags think we are part of Utah.   ;D

#3 - November 04, 2013, 03:29:14 pm
Toys 4 BBQ'N
Competition BBQ Team - Anthem, Arizona

Comfort is King with our team

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ
North Valley Magazine's Reader's Choice Best BBQ for 2010 and 2011

AzScott

Wait, I thought you were up by Page? The funny thing is you really aren't that far. I think from Glendale and 7th St it only took me 20 minutes to get to your place last time.
#4 - November 04, 2013, 03:48:54 pm
14' R&O offset
FEC 100
3 L BGE's
1 Mini BGE

Competing since July 2010

toys4dlr

Yep really easy and right off the freeway.  Funny how people think it is farther. 
#5 - November 04, 2013, 08:50:24 pm
Toys 4 BBQ'N

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ

Mark

Just five miles north of the Carefree Highway. I wrote that line in a million ads for Anthem. You should have seen the look in management's eyes when I suggested listing proximity to Prescott.  ???
#6 - November 04, 2013, 09:40:12 pm
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

Yeller

Maybe they are getting the PC from Yelp. It's probably weighted like 90% Yelppers then they take the company expense account out for a quick spin to maybe 3 joints close to the office and TaDa
#7 - November 05, 2013, 07:22:17 am
Classy Q BBQ - Retired

KCBS CBJ
Kamado x2
Weber 22/18
Weber Baby Q

"why are we in this handbasket and where are we going?"

toys4dlr

I know what you mean on prescott, I have a ton of clients that stop and stock up that have a place in Prescott.  I have one customer that come from Nogalas and that is crazy.

#8 - November 05, 2013, 10:24:07 am
Toys 4 BBQ'N

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ

txbbq

Dillons doesn't surprise me. They have several locations, serve lot's of people and are mediocre. I've only eaten at their lake pleasant location and I only had a burger. Frozen bland patties aren't too impressive. Most of the "Best" lists are purely who can get the most of their social media followers to go vote. Luncha Libre isn't even BBQ so that runner up is a bit weird. Texas BBQ House, Rudy's and Q to U aren't even on the list. Boo.
Im with you Scott, Texas BBQ House and Q to U are not even mentioned. We are the little guys!!!!
#9 - November 05, 2013, 10:25:11 pm

tbonejc

We are the little guys!!!!

And that's why I know you guys rock; even I have yet to make it over there.  I will one of these days though.   :)
#10 - November 06, 2013, 08:00:10 am

Little Hoss

I have ate at all theses places. And QTOU blows theses guys away.
#11 - November 06, 2013, 08:49:28 am

Anthony

Ugh! Dillon's?  Really?  I eat there once a year when I take my kid to the zoo and sometimes I think it's once a year too much.  I'm not sure how it beat out couple of those others on the list and how many other amazing places were left off.  The power of the dollar, I guess.
#12 - November 07, 2013, 07:08:21 am

Mark

I've eaten at Dillon's twice and both times was underwhelmed. I guess it's why McDonald's will often win Best Fries and Taco Bell the Best Mexican Food in newspaper People's Choice competitions. There's strength in number of locations. I'm just surprised that there wasn't a Critic's Choice awarded.
#13 - November 07, 2013, 07:56:56 am
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

Members: