Southern Arizona BBQ Club Ambassador
MarkSmith@AZBarbeque.com

bucaguy

People's choice.... the results are kinda scary what people like
#3 - April 11, 2011, 04:17:06 pm
Owner of Sin Bin BBQ and Member of Fat Man Que bbq team
Just some big heavy offset right now.

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Congrats to Famous Daves for once again Winning the People's Choice vote.  If you don't agree, make sure you get your vote in next year..

We should run one on here, what do you think?  Wonder what our members would say is the best BBQ in Arizona.  Q to U in Anthem, Bryan's Black Mountain in Care Free, Big Daddy's in Scottsdale, Thee Pitts Again or Bobby Q's in Phoenix, Joes, Tom's, ???  Post up your thoughts on who you think is the best..
#4 - April 11, 2011, 07:07:24 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

toys4dlr

Let me see, who should I vote for?????   ;D
#5 - April 12, 2011, 04:25:04 pm
Toys 4 BBQ'N
Competition BBQ Team - Anthem, Arizona

Comfort is King with our team

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ
North Valley Magazine's Reader's Choice Best BBQ for 2010 and 2011

Mike (AZBarbeque)

Dave, you are one of the only BBQ Restaurants that I know of that cooks Competition BBQ day in and day out.

Hands down you have some of the best BBQ in town.  At least in my opinion....  ;)

Now, we need to do an event up at your place...  ;)
#6 - April 12, 2011, 04:40:02 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

grizmt

Well Mike, you know my thoughts on Famous McRibs..... ooops Dave's. Gotta get to Anthem, I've sent plenty of people up there on the back of opinions I trust, need to form my own soon! Especially on the bread puddin' that I was told might eclipse my own. :o
#7 - April 29, 2011, 05:43:16 pm

AzScott

I remember as a kid I LOVED going to Tony Roma's.  Man, that place was great.  Now, eh, I don't think I would like it as much as what I can cook now.  Now Tony Roma's has over 200 restaurants in 33 countries so what do I know.  People know what they know and with 4 Famous Dave's locations in the valley and one in Tucson chances are good that the most people have been to Famous Dave's if they like BBQ.  For what they do, I think Famous Dave's does a good job.
#8 - April 29, 2011, 09:09:24 pm
14' R&O offset
FEC 100
3 L BGE's
1 Mini BGE

Competing since July 2010

brandon

Famous Daves is adequate BBQ which is consistent every time served. It may not be the best but guests know what they will get with every visit. I call them the Dennys of BBQ.

Most Mom & Pop restaurants have a problem with consistency and being able to hold product when slow or providing product when busy. Most have a good recipe and begin with a quality product but when challenged with the variables of day to day business seem to fold due to lack of planning and holding skills which effects profit and repeat customers.

Romys Ribs  in Maricopa has a unique policy of only cooking as many as they feel they will sell and closing when all are sold which keeps his quality and consistency but tends to shy away new customers. There ribs are top notch when you can get them. Cheap rent is a must to make this work.

Joes has good flavor does a nice job holding cooked product. They have a large customer following allowing a faster turnover adding to their consistency as well as having a fun atmosphere. They seem to have strong management who understand the restaurant business. Fun, Fast & Tasty.
#9 - April 29, 2011, 10:06:43 pm

Crash

I remember as a kid I LOVED going to Tony Roma's.  Man, that place was great.  Now, eh, I don't think I would like it as much as what I can cook now.  Now Tony Roma's has over 200 restaurants in 33 countries so what do I know.
I 100% agree.  Actually, I still dig me some Tony Roma's.... especially that Onion Loaf thing.
#10 - April 30, 2011, 12:42:35 am
I love animals.  They're delicious!
VRM Pit Crew

AzScott

Oh man!  That onion loaf was awesome.  Are there even any Tony Roma's left in AZ?
#11 - April 30, 2011, 10:29:45 am
14' R&O offset
FEC 100
3 L BGE's
1 Mini BGE

Competing since July 2010

RudedoggAZ

Bryans is my favorite...
#12 - April 30, 2011, 11:53:25 am

toys4dlr

Bryan has a cool set up, great looking patio (love the lit cactus outside) and is truly a nice guy. 
#13 - May 01, 2011, 10:14:54 am
Toys 4 BBQ'N

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ

The Smokin Shanty

got to go with Bryans also...
#14 - May 01, 2011, 02:59:21 pm
Kingsford grill
UDS
Pro Q excel 20
Charbroil offset

toys4dlr

If you guys are driving out to try Bryan's, drive just a little further to see Karyn and myself in Anthem. 

Q-To-U-BBQ
3434 W. Anthem Way #146
Anthem, AZ 85086.
#15 - May 02, 2011, 08:08:46 am
Toys 4 BBQ'N

Q-TO-U-BBQ, Anthem AZ

Members: