AZ Barbeque.com

Grady's

Discussion started on

azkitch

Joe, my stepson, got a bottle of Grady's BBQ sauce-hot-for Christmas. I found it for sale when I went to the Farmers Market downtown today. There I found a flyer advertising Grady's BBQ restaurant on 19th Ave north of Peoria, on the E side of the street. I love this sauce! Has anyone eaten there?
#1 - February 14, 2009, 05:48:40 pm
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

azcolt45

Just ate at Gradys an hour ago. I had the ribs. They were tender and moist and I really did like the sauce he finished them with. Had cole slaw and mac&cheese. The Mac was a little lacking but the que was worth it.

Colt
#2 - March 11, 2009, 02:34:42 pm
Trailer mounted Custom offset stick burner
XL BIG GREEN EGG
BIG Stainless Gasser
5' Square fire pit w/grates 
Commercial WOK
KCBS CBJ #53767

Beauty is in the eye of the "beer holder"

azkitch

Thanks, Colt. Glad someone has tried it. And really great to meet you at the BBQ Island event, too. That Backyard stuff was incredible! Lawzy what presentation!!
Re: Grady's--http://www.yelp.com/biz/gradys-phoenix
http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/bella/2008/07/budget_beat_downtown_phoenix_p.php
kitch
#3 - March 11, 2009, 07:58:48 pm
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 08:17:58 pm by azkitch »
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

azkitch

I just brought home 1 1/2 lbs of pulled pork and a pound of brisket with a family side of beans from Grady's. Highly recommended! Great smoke flavor on the pork, brisket nice and tender. And I love his bottled sauce, until I cook up something better. Or comparable. If you live in the area, I recommend it highly. 19th Ave. about 1/4 mi. south of Cactus, on the east side of the road. He only has 3 tables inside. We should swamp him with a crawl!
dk
#4 - April 11, 2009, 08:23:12 pm
CBJ # 53779

BBQ Dan

I just stopped by Grady's for lunch.  It was pretty good.  Now this is what you call a real mom and pop kind of BBQ joint.  Real nice people.  Of course I haven't met anyone in the smokin business that wasn't nice and easy to talk to.  I had the pork sandwich with cole slaw.  Pork was tender and the slaw was fresh.  I had the "hot" sauce and it was not overyly spicy, I prefer a sweet BBQ sauce. They even served it warm so your sandwich stays warm.  I'll be back for lunch again and again.
#5 - October 14, 2009, 03:26:42 pm

kpleemp

Wow, just had the ribs and brisket. absolutley awesome not much for dining space but the food is awesome and prices reasonable. highly recomended!
#6 - April 27, 2010, 06:59:53 pm

Members: