AZ Barbeque.com

WTB: Burger Patty Forms

Discussion started on

Tom72

Okay, I know there are more than a few on here that work with metal, so I figured this would be the best place to inquire about this.  I would like to buy some burger patty forms, that would just basically be a ring of metal.  Every single press I can find is for making 4" or 4.25" patties.  I use big burger buns, kaiser rolls, or make my own and the little burgers don't work for me.  I don't think anyone should ever get a mouthful of just bun, so I make big patties that cover the whole thing.  I only use 80/20 meat or grind my own, so I need to allow for shrinkage and the rings would be big.  I make them free-hand now and they're always off just a bit from each other.  The rings would allow me to make them all identical (yes, things like that bother me!).  

Anyway, I would be looking to buy four rings, two each of two different sizes.  I live in Phoenix, right off of I-17 and Peoria.  If any of you would be interested in making something like this for me, either post here or PM me and I'll let you know the exact sizes I'd need (I'm still deciding on that).  Thanks!

-Tom
#1 - August 02, 2011, 09:07:43 am
Always remember that you are unique and special...just like everybody else.

Mark

I'd recommend hitting a supermarket with a tape measure and checking out the canned goods. I just checked my cupboard and immediately found a short wide can that measured 4 inches across.

[attachment deleted by admin]
#2 - August 02, 2011, 10:11:01 am
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

azkitch

I'll be first!
Yeah, but everybody now knows you have spotted dick!
DW used to work with a couple of Brits when she was with GNC, and one of them was bemoaning the lack of currants to make spotted dick with...but where'd that name come from!!

My apologies for the brief diversion!
#3 - August 02, 2011, 10:29:59 am
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 02:55:48 pm by azkitch »
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

markh792

Lets not thread jack his add. try this company, we use them for stainless steel molds. The smallest size they have listed is 6 inch but I'm sure you can get 5 inch.

http://www.innofabsource.com/ifs/main.php?CLASS=kilnforms&NI=kilnforms&M=RoundForms
#4 - August 02, 2011, 10:49:20 am
Newbe BGE User

Tom72

Lets not thread jack his add. try this company, we use them for stainless steel molds. The smallest size they have listed is 6 inch but I'm sure you can get 5 inch.

http://www.innofabsource.com/ifs/main.php?CLASS=kilnforms&NI=kilnforms&M=RoundForms

You know, I think this may actually work perfectly for me.  Thanks guys for your input!
#5 - August 04, 2011, 03:37:56 am
Always remember that you are unique and special...just like everybody else.

Members: