AZ Barbeque.com

Pro Q Excel 20's for sale

Discussion started on

goldenegg

New!
The guy who look like Santa was Mike from I Smell Smoke!!! and he was a very nice man.  I'm sure his team and friends back East, and all of us, would like to see them as well.  Please do post them up!

yes he was, one of those people with whom one feels a "familiarity", as if they have known the person for awhile but they've just met 'em.

#31 - May 04, 2010, 07:13:51 am
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 11:28:50 pm by goldenegg »

goldenegg

New!

Working with these images revealed that all but one I got of Mike has been lost.

The first 20 or so images  and video I shot went into a "folder" on the camera cuz the disc had gotten full then when I broke the camera the LCD was destroyed so I was unable to retrieve those images in folders, these are lost forever, so I have just one image of Mike  :(

and plus I lost all the pictures I got of the girls at VRM Pit Crew booth putting Parsley into Styrofoam food containers....man them woulda been great pics cuz they were very focused on the arrangement of the parsley (both the girls AND the pictures I took we very focused upon this).

I had no idea such attention to detail went into presentation, again, this was the first comp I had ever been to, prior to this I just thought that BBQ Cookoff people were a bunch of slackers who all they did was sit on their asses next to a BBQ Grill drinking beer but theres much more work that goes into this then I thought and turns out I was the only slacker like I described pretty much at this event when I was there....

well...a lot of people were asleep at the time so there could have some slackers amongst those...chances are pretty good in fact that there were.

Anyway, so the parsley thing was very eye opening so I detailed in images greatly the work of the girls and they were very co-operative. There was close ups of the parsley itself, action shots showing placement and technique of such, shots taken from above and also at parsley level and I shot some video in Cinema Verite style with a Sepia filter on the lens reminiscent of the style of the student of D.A. Pennebaker's, Dan Kraus who said

"No documentary can show you the truth bcuz there are multiple truths but Verite can at least relay the truth as seen by a single observer"

which is, of course, why I chose to shoot this particular event.....in that style.  

Man losing those images and video sucks  :'(

For losing these, including the lost pictures of Mike, I need to atone so I will redeem myself by making a Memorial Image to Mike. In the process of looking for his "dates"....born and died....to go on the picture I found at least 2 other images of him and a video taken at the event in Dec.

Thats below. No, I did not shoot this video.

Yes, Mike's pic below is 'shopped....in the original pic some guy's knee was in the shot. :'(

and I of course could not have a Memorial Image having some guy's knee sticking into it out of nowhere.

<a href="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=9747786&amp;amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;amp;show_title=1&amp;amp;show_byline=1&amp;amp;show_portrait=0&amp;amp;color=&amp;amp;fullscreen=1&quot; type=&quot;application/x-shockwave-flash&quot; allowfullscreen=&quot;true&quot; allowscriptaccess=&quot;always&quot; width=&quot;400&quot; height=&quot;337&quot" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=9747786&amp;amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;amp;show_title=1&amp;amp;show_byline=1&amp;amp;show_portrait=0&amp;amp;color=&amp;amp;fullscreen=1&quot; type=&quot;application/x-shockwave-flash&quot; allowfullscreen=&quot;true&quot; allowscriptaccess=&quot;always&quot; width=&quot;400&quot; height=&quot;337&quot;</a>

Click this link to see more pictures of Mike (found online and which you've prolly already seen) and more images taken at Que 'n Brew Tempe

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49935437@N06/sets/72157623996118138/

#32 - May 04, 2010, 08:40:16 pm
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 08:37:44 am by goldenegg »

Members: