AZ Barbeque.com

"FREE" (old style) New Braunfels Horizontal.

Discussion started on

G$

I have had an old New Braunfels Horizontal collecting dust and rust, that I must pass on to anybody that has a use for it.

Of course, there is a condition... that being the smoker's condition:

I believe it is a Silver Smoker. It is heavy gauge steel, especially the firebox.   The Silver Smokers have the Horizontal Barrel and off set Barrel Firebox.  It has the wire bottom storage rack with two wheels on one side.
It comes without the smoke chamber thermometer - the hole is a "standard" quarter inch ish hole.
It comes without cooking grates (They fit in my bandera so I use them there).
The metal is structurally sound, but you'll want to give it a quick clean out and depending on your proclivity you may want to paint it.

If nothing else, it would be nice for using the smoke chamber as a longer charcoal grill.

Let me know if you have interest and I can snap a few pictures. It is free to anyone willing to come and get it in the Tucson area.   PM me if interested.
#1 - January 08, 2010, 06:58:04 am
G$

azkitch

Wow! That's great of you to give it away! Those heavier old NBs are sturdy and dependable. I have an older Brinkmann SnP I paid $40 for off CL, and I think they are basically the same design. Wish my PU was road ready! I'd have twins!
#2 - January 08, 2010, 07:13:22 am
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

G$

Yeah, I have to admit I am suprised that it has not been easier to give this thing away.

(also, 'Bump'  :D )

#3 - January 08, 2010, 08:17:51 am
G$

azkitch

Just drop it off on your way to Havasu!!
#4 - January 08, 2010, 08:28:19 am
CBJ # 53779
For cooking, lower and slower. For spices, mo' hotter, mo' better. Habaneros rule!

n2dabluebbq

if you ever find yourself here in Albuquerque, just drop it off near the gate of the base and i will be there directly. of course if i were there, i would have came out and got it already. hahaha
#5 - January 08, 2010, 01:41:32 pm
low and slow baby, low and slow

s.475 passed baby!           http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/n2dabluebbq/

force

that would be great for someone to start off with........ do I hear a bid?
#6 - January 09, 2010, 10:11:25 pm
Huge Fan of Mike (AZBarbeque)... He's My Hero..

tbonejc

I'm in Mesa but am illing to make a trip down there.  We were just down there this past weekend too.  I will be glad to take it off your hands and know thaet it will be put to good use.    :)
#7 - January 10, 2010, 11:23:05 pm

Members: