AZ Barbeque.com

Poll

What's on your menu for Christmas 2016 Dinner?

Prime Rib
Ham
Brisket
Turkey
Other
Likes 2 Likes

What's on your menu for Christmas 2016 Dinner?

Discussion started on

Mike (AZBarbeque)

It's almost Christmas Time 2016.

Merry Christmas to everyone, hope your holidays are going great.

What's on your menu for Christmas dinner this year?

Here are some great links for Prime Rib if that's what you are planning on cooking.  I know we are and are looking forward to it.  My mouth is already watering.

http://blog2.thermoworks.com/2015/12/smoked-prime-rib-made-easy/?utm_source=Nl-2016Dec20&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Feature&utm_content=inbox&utm_campaign=Dec2016-Smoked-Duck-cs

http://barbecuebible.com/2016/12/20/ultimate-holiday-prime-rib-recipe/?utm_source=Up+In+Smoke+Subscribers&utm_campaign=e2e4ee3b7b-MailChimp_122016&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_5ccbbb292a-e2e4ee3b7b-117574597

Do you have a link that you like?  Post it up.  Also post up pictures of what you cook, we LOVE pictures on here.

Have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS.  Look forward to seeing you all online here more and out at lots of our great upcoming events.
#1 - December 22, 2016, 09:11:01 am
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Mark

I'm smoking a ham over maple for Christmas Day.

But first, we're having homemade tamales for Christmas Eve, then that night we bring stuffed clams and homemade jerky to my brother's house.

The next day I am making a traditional Brazilian churrasco with long skewers of tri-tip, chicken and linguica sausage, served with "feijoada" which is black beans, rice, garlic kale, orange slices and farofa- manioc meal cooked with red palm oil. I serve it with pão de queijo, which are cheesy rolls made with parmesan. We'll drink caipirinhas made with  cachaça (Brazilian liquor) made of sugar cane juice, unlike rum which is made of molasses. You mix it with crushed lime wedges, ice and a ton of sugar. Great drink.

On New Year's Ve we have an appetizer buffet with a ton of oddball stuff like focaccia with anchovies and codfish cakes made of bacalao (salt cod) that must be soaked for a couple of days to reduce the salinity.

For New Year's Day dinner I am making my favorite meat- schweinhaxe- roasted pork shanks. I'll use pistachio as my smokewood. I'm serving it with risotto with shaved truffles on top.

Whew. I'm tired just by writing it down, but it is fun cooking for family coming from Atlanta, LA, DC and Cheyenne. If they can make the effort to fly in, cooking for them is the least I can do.

Merry Christmas to all!
#2 - December 22, 2016, 06:01:14 pm
Mark Motta
Meatier Creator

Mike (AZBarbeque)

I'm smoking a ham over maple for Christmas Day.

But first, we're having homemade tamales for Christmas Eve, then that night we bring stuffed clams and homemade jerky to my brother's house.

The next day I am making a traditional Brazilian churrasco with long skewers of tri-tip, chicken and linguica sausage, served with "feijoada" which is black beans, rice, garlic kale, orange slices and farofa- manioc meal cooked with red palm oil. I serve it with pão de queijo, which are cheesy rolls made with parmesan. We'll drink caipirinhas made with  cachaça (Brazilian liquor) made of sugar cane juice, unlike rum which is made of molasses. You mix it with crushed lime wedges, ice and a ton of sugar. Great drink.

On New Year's Ve we have an appetizer buffet with a ton of oddball stuff like focaccia with anchovies and codfish cakes made of bacalao (salt cod) that must be soaked for a couple of days to reduce the salinity.

For New Year's Day dinner I am making my favorite meat- schweinhaxe- roasted pork shanks. I'll use pistachio as my smokewood. I'm serving it with risotto with shaved truffles on top.

Whew. I'm tired just by writing it down, but it is fun cooking for family coming from Atlanta, LA, DC and Cheyenne. If they can make the effort to fly in, cooking for them is the least I can do.

Merry Christmas to all!
WOW, sounds like your place is the place to be these next few days.  Very cool.  Thanks for sharing.
#3 - December 22, 2016, 09:15:42 pm
Michael J. Reimann
Realtor - Clients First Realty (Real Job) - www.TheReimannWay.com
Owner/President - AZBarbeque - #1 BBQ Club in Arizona
Owner/Pitmaster - AZBarbeque Catering - www.AZBarbequeCatering.com

If God wanted us to be Vegetarians, why did he make animals out of meat??

Members: